Smart snacks for the savory girl

Options
I crave crispy savory snacks. Suggestions for good, healthy, low calorie snacks that satisfy?

Replies

• Joannesmith2818
    Joannesmith2818 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    My snacks include, boiled egg, nuts, vegatable sticks and a ceral bar. And a banana a day of course!!
  • joj7bat
    joj7bat Posts: 30
    Options
    Kale chips, veggie sticks with hummus
  • jchite84
    jchite84 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    When I get such cravings I make a plate of low fat swiss cheese, olives, hot peppers, and either club crackers or Triscuts (sp?). I am also a fan of wasabi peas, and mixed nuts. The nuts especially are high fat, but it's the good fats. These snacks also tend to be high sodium, which I don't really watch, but if you do, I'd avoid the olives and the wasabi peas, and stick to salt free nuts.
  • HeizelEyes
    Options
    I always keep protein and fruits in my snacks. I can have a variety for each snack like: chicken/turkey/shrimp (2oz) and pineapple/blueberries/strawberries/peaches/bananas (4oz)...or another combination that will give me just enough for me to get by until the next meal. I've taught my body to eat at certain times, specific amounts of food and no more than that, as this will accelerate the metabolism. But I definately don't deprive myself from food because I wouldn't do myself any favors, which means that my attempt at losing weight will not be successful. Just literally, cut foods into portions! That's all it really takes, and of course, to make smart & healthy choices of food! If you do this, stay under your caloric intake goal each day, and excersice doing anything (swimming, running, walking, etc), you will for sure lose weight! Good luck in your journey!
  • pwnderosa
    pwnderosa Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I love reduced fat triscuits, Japanese rice crackers, and those mini cheese flavored rice cakes (I bring these to the movies a lot in place of popcorn YUM!). Dry roasted peas & soybeans are tasty too.