Shake ideas?

Since I am hardly every hungry and have to force myself to eat most of the time, I decided I was going to start doing meal replacement shakes for some of my meals each day. I have bought a few different types of protein powder to try and I'm adding fruit and veggies to them. This morning's shake is pretty yummy even if it does have a strange color to it (kale, strawberries, pineapple, unsweetened almond milk). I was really hesitant about the kale since I'm not a big leafy vegetable person but it's not too bad! I am looking for shake ideas since today's shakes are mostly kind of an "okay, I have this in my fridge... let's throw this into it and see what it tastes like!" Since I am diabetic I am trying to keep the carbs between 30g-45g for each shake to help control my blood sugar and also splitting the shakes in half and drinking one every couple of hours. So if anyone has any yummy shake recipes, even if they are higher in carbs, let's hear them! I'm not interested in what powders have the best vitamins because I already did my research on that - I'm just looking for the add-ins to make them taste yummy and add a little variety during the day. Thanks in advance! :smile:

Replies

• leroyizzy
    leroyizzy Posts: 55
    If I am putting protein powder in my shake/smoothie I think this recipe is the best- 1 scoop Protein powder, 1/2 banana, one cup milk, sprinkle cinnamon, 1 tbsp. (no sugar added) peanut butter and a "glass" of ice. SO YUMMY!
    Without protein powder I really like this recipe-
    Kale, cilantro, skinned cucumber, 1/4c. unsweetened coconut milk, frozen Mango, pineapple and/or peaches (about 1 cup total) and add water until smoothly blended! You can also add chia seeds or ground flax.
  • thejuel
    thejuel Posts: 2 Member
    I was looking for ideas this morning and came across this:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/524692-your-favorite-protein-shake-recipes