high protein low carb snacks

Options
let's get a list going of some good high protein low carb snacks! i'm trying to think of new things to get my protein up and my carbs down:bigsmile:

Replies

• Kingeight
    Kingeight Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs, bacon, beef jerky (watch the sugar count on some brands though), nuts and the occasional Atkins bar.
  • crystalwelshroberts
    crystalwelshroberts Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    a few of my go-tos:
    Greek yogurt
    turkey slices on a Wasa crispbread smeared with laughing cow cheese-yum
    chocolate protein shake (I like six star triple chocolate from walmart)
  • pjp1125
    pjp1125 Posts: 313
    Options
    I happen to love protein shakes- 120 calories and 25 grams of protein. An added bonus, they taste really good.
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Quest bars, almonds, string cheese, nut butters, once when I was stuck I nibbled on half an avocado.
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Dead animals.

My favorites:
    Beef Jerky
    Canned Salmon

less portable:
    big bag of ground beef
  • Kingeight
    Kingeight Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Totally forgot cheese. Babybels are my go to cheese. I think its only because I feel fancy unwrapping them though.
  • kkclif
    kkclif Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Strangegirlz
    Strangegirlz Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I do romaine lettuce wraps, filled with any meat( I particularly like shredded beef, cooked with stock and a few herbs) and then I add avocado and mayo and a little grated cheese or if I do grilled turkey instead of beef I might also add a few walnuts.
    Greek yogurt, with pumpkin seeds and desiccated coconut is good, maybe throw in some hazelnuts.
    I know some people make bread like things using linseed, but I tried these and really didn't like them.
    Plain protein shakes, could add a little vanilla essence or desiccated coconut.
    Omelettes are good and quick if you like eggs.
    I love almond butter, but one taste would prob lead to me eating the whole jar!
    Basically just cook a whole stack of meat and snack on it.
  • msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    My favorite snacks are protein bars and nuts.
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    eggs, jerky (make your own!), cottage cheese, lunch meat (not bologna!), chicken/tuna/turkey/salmon salad (make with avocado if you don't want to do mayo), leftovers. Doesn't need to be traditional "snack" foods, I save half my lunch sometimes to eat later!
  • ntaluzek
    ntaluzek Posts: 5
    Options
    Nutritional yeast! Or very affectionately called Nooch by some. It makes for a great topping on almost anything, but it is an acquired taste.
  • gloryweissert
    Options
    IV BEEN DOING LOW CARB AND LOST 9LBS...FINALLY STARTING TO COME OFF
  • stepyogameup
    Options
    Most of the snacks I eat have already been said; hard-boiled eggs, rolled up deli meats, nuts, nut butter, coconut butter, full-fat greek yogurt when I eat dairy, uncured pepperoni is my favorite!

I don't really snack too much since starting paleo, just eat large meals 3 times a day and sometimes have a snack after dinner (melt coconut butter & almond butter together with cinnamon, add nuts or berries or something!)

I eat Larabars a few times a week but those are NOT low carb :(