New and need friends of the positive persuasion

Options
Hello, starting my journey here today! Time for change. Haven't been feeling well lately, tired of being sick and tired.

Who's with me!? :)

Replies

• losing1tdb
    losing1tdb Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! Signed up a couple months ago, did great for a while then fell off the wagon. Took a "weekend" off for my birthday & never got back on...until today. Time to jump start this process again! Good luck to you!
  • dbg1
    dbg1 Posts: 208
    Options
    After a several year absence, I just re-started last week when I got my new job (laid off and gained 30 lbs in 3 months - depression is a *itch). Takes nothing to gain the weight but a fierce fight to lose it! So lets do this! Stronger, heathier, better endurance are my goals. Along with that I should trim down and lose some weight -3lbs my frist week!

My 16yrd old daughter just ran the Manitoba 1/2 marathon this weekend in a time of 2hours and 8minutes. I am shooting to run with her next year!
  • vetsnatural
    vetsnatural Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I am with you. Feel free to add me as a friend. I have been logging consistently since about April. I have incorporated at least 45-60mins of exercise, strength training and calorie counting (conscience). I have also included green smoothies in my diet as breakfast most days. Seeing more NSV's as oppose to pounds (14 total) but I see my body taking shape and my fitness level has increased. I could use some motivation to do even more exercise and weight training and clean eating.
  • cuttingshadow
    cuttingshadow Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hey, welcome to MFP.. I have been a part of this community since 3 weeks now and find this place really interesting.

If you are just starting, I would suggest a few things that was helpful to me :-

1. When you login to MFP try to check out the Success Stories forums - that gives you great encouragement and confidence...
    2. Keep logging your food intake calories daily - honestly and as accurate as possible ...
    3. Have a work out plan for the week - I use walking about 60 mins, 5 days a week over 3-4 miles... log it daily..
    4. Add friends, be active in appreciating others achievements ...
    5. Share your diary over time - seek inputs and check out how friends are maintaining calories from their diary ..
    6. Weigh-In - daily (but log the weight weekly). Some tips which I got from friends over in this community are posted in my blog
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/cuttingshadow/view/measuring-weight-543234

Glad to be part of this journey with you ..

- CS
  • cuttingshadow
    Options
    I'm with you! Signed up a couple months ago, did great for a while then fell off the wagon. Took a "weekend" off for my birthday & never got back on...until today. Time to jump start this process again! Good luck to you!

Welcome back !.. -CS
    "You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there. -Edwin Louis Cole "
  • Smileyfacedana
    Smileyfacedana Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am with you all!! Today is my DAY 1. Listen, here is what I believe. I had gastric bypass 5 years ago. I am back UP to 200lbs., but God isn't done with me yet and I REFUSE to become obese again. EVERY DAY IS NEW. EVERY HOUR IS NEW. WE ARE MORE THAN WHAT WE EAT. WE ARE MORE THAN A NIBBLE HERE OR A BITE THERE!!! Mistake No.1 is thinking we can loose it and then go on with life. Most of us are compulsive eaters....(can I get an Amen out there!!!). I will admit it here and now that I am an Obesessive Compulsive Overeater and my drug of choice is sweets. I didn't gain my weight by eating veggies all day. I slowly worked my way back up to eating sweets and then my addictive side took over my mind, my body, and my soul. Yes, my soul. When a person wakes up and the first thing you think about is "what am I going to eat today that is good" ....friends out there in MFP land, that person has a problem. I wish those $200 PROGRAMS AND PILLS worked. If they did, I would be taking them...believe me. FRIENDS, LET'S DO THIS WEIGHT LOSS THING CORRECTLY. We, ALONG WITH YOU HIGHER POWER, can take control, take captive our thoughts and our behaviors and live ONE DAY AT A TIME. My name is Smileyface Dana and I want friends. I love encouraging people, but sometimes, I need encouraging as well. Let's do this. Let's get to know each other over this website and decide that..."hey, I have friends out there who really want me to do this thing EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!" TODAY IS DAY 1 MY FRIENDS......AND I ALREADY FEEL BETTER. YOU ARE NOT ALONE. E-mail me at danalankford43@yahoo.com if you would like. We CAN and we ARE gonna do this.
  • cuttingshadow
    Options
    Mistake No.1 is thinking we can loose it and then go on with life. Most of us are compulsive eaters....(can I get an Amen out there!!!).

Really true, need to work and maintain the loss and work towards loosing more.. I think, I have the same tendency to nibble a bit extra to reward myself when I see a light of success in loosing some pounds... but realize that the rewarding gets a bit too much when I hit the scales the next day .. :) .. -CS
  • Beanie008
    Beanie008 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me :) Good luck with your journey!