I think I'm taking this too far :/

Options
2»

Replies

• disneybuff323
    Options
    Hey girl its ok to have those thirty extra calories. What you should do is park your car farther away and walk to the door and take steps, not an elevator if there is one. You'll burn them doing simple things like that!
  • menjivas
    menjivas Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    My net calories are WAY below 1200. I must be doing something wrong? Everyone keeps saying you don't HAVE to eat your exercise calories so I thought eating 1200 was fine. Frankly I don't see how keeping my net at 1200 is even possible, I don't have the appetite for it. Ugh all this math is so confusing! Just when I thought I'd been doing great!

Whoa! If you are exercising on a regular basis, you need to be eating more than 1200 calories. You should be eating the 1200 calories and then a portion of your exercise calories. If not, your body will go into starvation mode. Once it hits starvation mode, your body will take whatever you are eating and turn it into fat (and store it). At that point, you will be gaining weight and not losing it.

I used to do that exact same thing as you, and for a whole year I did not lose a pound. It wasn't until I got into this site and started reading more about nutrition that I realized what I was doing. Once I started eating more than 1200 calories (and my exercise calories), I lost the weight.
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Agreed.... For the first 4 weeks or so, I was eating only 1200 calories. I lost a few lbs. But, then for about 2 weeks, I was losing and gaining the same 2lbs. I finally increased my calorie intake to 1400 and started to lose weight again!