NSV Someone finally noticed!

Options
beckers_99
beckers_99 Posts: 41 Member
I went to bbq this weekend, and felt pretty good about the 21 pds I've lost (23 lost from my highest). I had gone to a family graduation party before the bbq and thought, someone will ask how much I lost but no one did, took some air out of my sails...well at the cookout, the host asked how much I have lost because he could really tell. Then his mom wondered how I'd done it so far and I gave the website name and said its about portion control, exercise and attitude! I said I finally decided I didn't want to be heavy anymore, and now I'm working on it :) I'm so thankful to have found this website!

Replies

• tc41586
    tc41586 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is great.
  • tammycolbert
    tammycolbert Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Congrats, it's an awesome feeling
  • beckers_99
    Options
    It definitely is..keeps me going..
  • londonboyben
    londonboyben Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    thats great, lovely story,

must be such a boost to your motivation, well done :)
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    how wonderful! i have people noticing all the time now it feels so wonderful :)
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Woot woot! Glad someone noticed! I bet at the BBQ, people did notice, but just didn't know how to open up the topic in conversation :) Great job!
  • sophieannejune
    sophieannejune Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    What a great feeling...we all need that acknowledgement and I'm glad you got it.
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Great Job!~ So happy that people are noticing your hard work and effort.
  • happy2mamma
    happy2mamma Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    that is a great feeling!!! you are doing a fantastic job - all the small changes you are making are making an incredible difference!!
  • rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    You must have been so proud of yourself!
  • FaithfulToIt
    Options
    Congrats.. it feels good but some people will never mention anything.. I read that in a post when I first joined. Keep up the goodwork and if no one every says anything.. Your heart, health, legs, lungs all notice because you are treating them much better :).
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    yeah!
  • JuneBabyJeannine
    JuneBabyJeannine Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Can someone please tell me what "NSV" stands for?? Thanks!
  • beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    NSV = non-scale victory
  • schuagah
    schuagah Posts: 15
    Options
    That's awesome! can't wait till mine becomes noticeable as well.
  • beckers_99
    Options
    I would show the difference if I could figure out the pictures, maybe get that done tonight... Thanks everyone for the encouragement, it's awesome to have people out there with positive attituedes :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!