carbs from frutis and veggies?

Options
Aloha Friends,

Should I alarmed of all the carbs that I am getting from fruits and veggies? I do still eat rice and pasta and breads and have been trying to limit it but I don't know if i should limit the apples, bananas, and carrots every now and then...

thanks

Replies

• jess_1993
    jess_1993 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    Probably not, unless you are really eating a TON of fruits, it's probably fine. Can you be more specific about what you are worried about?
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    enjoy both...a variety of foods is better for you nutritionally and emotionally. there's no reason to eliminate anything from your diet if you enjoy it, you just need to remain aware of fitting it into your macros.
  • M_Garner
    M_Garner Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Good question and something I have been wondering myself. My personal trainer says to stay away from the fruits and veggies that have high carbs or high sugars. I have been trying my best but that leaves me with a small amount of choices :(
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Aloha Friends,

Should I alarmed of all the carbs that I am getting from fruits and veggies? I do still eat rice and pasta and breads and have been trying to limit it but I don't know if i should limit the apples, bananas, and carrots every now and then...

thanks
    As far as weight loss is concerned carbs and sugars do not matter. What matters is eating below your total daily energy expenditure. If you eat less then that, you well loose weight. If it's inches and not weight that's the problem then lift weights, and get firmer.

That being said, it is a good idea to eat a well balanced diet to stay healthy. If you're getting all your recommended nutrients and you're healthy with no diseases, it does not matter. In fact, carbs can be a great repairing tool after exercise.