How Much Oats for Breakfast

Options
So I wonder this to myself all the time, in the morning I usually have 33g - 39g oats with cinnamon but with my school time table changing I can no longer fit in a mid morning meal/snack and I was wondering if having around 70g of cinnamon oatmeal would make me look terrible or gain weight or look a tad flabby. Can anyone recommend a good amount of oatmeal and is the apple okay mixed in with it? I know it is the best fuel and I walk a mile every morning so I do have to have a decent breaky!

Replies

• Taylorferguson1
    Options
    anyone?
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    So I wonder this to myself all the time, in the morning I usually have 33g - 39g oats with cinnamon but with my school time table changing I can no longer fit in a mid morning meal/snack and I was wondering if having around 70g of cinnamon oatmeal would make me look terrible or gain weight or look a tad flabby. Can anyone recommend a good amount of oatmeal and is the apple okay mixed in with it? I know it is the best fuel and I walk a mile every morning so I do have to have a decent breaky!

0-2000g is fine, depends on what fits your cals
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

Whatever fits your calorie goal...
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    agree, whatever fits your goals. I find that a half cup of dried oats, cooked, is plenty for a good breakfast, and usually have some fruit with that.
  • cumminsrat
    cumminsrat Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    if your trying to be mindful of carb intake then be sure you are eating whole grain oats as they are a lower GI number (enters blood stream slower) i think its the lower number. all i know is that they are good carbs, i eat a cup of while grain quick oats every morning with some almond milk and pop it in the microwave, then sometimes ill add protein powder for taste. sometimes fruit too
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    How old are you?
  • Taylorferguson1
    Options
    Thank you for the help and old enough to know that oats are good for me and age doesnt matter about oats haha