Group exercise classes - ideas?

Options
I will be going to a fitness party weekender in a few weeks and have just received the class timetable. I have no idea what classes to do!! Definitely want to get some great workouts in over the weekend but also would like to try something new. There are 6-8 classes taking place every hour, 13 hours in total over the weekend so really do need to plan ahead.

Has anyone tried any of the following? Any feedback?

Kangoo
Tai-Chi
Kettlebells
Booiaka
Capoeira
Hydrospin
HiiT Boxing
MMA Fitness
Belly dancing
Yoga
Pilates
Stiletto Workout

Those are just a few of the classes but are classes that I have never tried (in any form). There are also a number of spin, aerobics and boxercise/boxfit style classes which I'll definitely be going to as those kind of workouts are part of my regular routine.

What kind of classes would you pick?

Replies

• beatgirl98
    beatgirl98 Posts: 17
    Options
    Personally I love kick/ boxing so would pick those ones (MMA and boxing). Capoeira could be fun, as could belly dancing. Tai-chi, yoga and pilates will be good for when you want to chill down a bit more.

But, I think I need to just say 'Stilletto workout????!!!!'
  • JamieM8168
    JamieM8168 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I vote for the kettlebell and mma classes
  • starmonique
    starmonique Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Ive taken Pilates, It was very relaxing and fun i enoyed, i even started to tighten up alittle. but i think that MMA sounds fun! or you can never go wrong with belly dancing!
  • HannahJDiaz25
    HannahJDiaz25 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I had to google Stiletto workout...that sounds AWFUL! I would totally go with Belly Dancing. It would be fun, you could go on ebay and get cheap hip-scarfs and stuff.
  • honeyvee89
    honeyvee89 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Personally I love kick/ boxing so would pick those ones (MMA and boxing). Capoeira could be fun, as could belly dancing. Tai-chi, yoga and pilates will be good for when you want to chill down a bit more.

But, I think I need to just say 'Stilletto workout????!!!!'

Haha, yup. That raised an eyebrow on me too!
  • James_1954
    James_1954 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Based on results my son has had, I'd go kettlebell.
  • ellenrobin
    Options
    i love kettlebells. Been training capoeira for almost 20years - if you want a great, all over workout that is cardio, strength, flexibility and everything in between, i would definitely do it!
  • prettykitty1963
    prettykitty1963 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Definitely belly dancing........Enjoy!
  • Jenism1
    Jenism1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    That HiiTBoxing sounds intense. I would try that and MMA and kettelbells. Belly dancing would be fun too!
  • Raclex
    Raclex Posts: 238
    Options
    I've been doing capoeira for the past 4 years and it's an amazing, full body workout! Upper body, core and lower body, flexibility, strength, cardio, HIIT all in one! Plus, you'll learn new words in a new language... Portuguese :-) Obrigada!

Go for it!
  • HJMAYES
    HJMAYES Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I want to do this too! Where do I find more information?
  • suse33
    suse33 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Kangoo is fun! Give it a try!
  • honeyvee89
    Options
    I want to do this too! Where do I find more information?

http://3ness.com/

I'm based in the UK but I've heard there are similar weekenders in the US!
  • honeyvee89
    Options
    I definitely want to give Capoeira and kettlebells a go! I have a kettlebell at home but have never used it :s
  • honeyvee89
    Options
    Bump :)