jorge cruise - the 100

Options
Good morning, has anyone read the new book by jorge cruise the 100
And if so what do you think about his new diet plan?

Replies

• LogansMomTX
    Options
    Hi!

I just finished reading it. I'm going to give it a try! I lost 70 lbs on Medifast last year and it's the same concept of low, low carbs and high protein. The 100 goes a little further with watching "sugar calories" and makes it pretty easy to follow while eating regular food and not just "shakes." I'm going to give it a try for a couple of weeks and see if you can really lose 18 lbs in two weeks.

The hard part for me is going to be drinks. He says that even diet drinks can hinder the process, so it's water and tea for me. Blech! I'm not much of a water drinker.

If you would like, friend me, and we can keep each other motivated!

:)
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    You can also refer to Atkins, South Beach, and any other diet that restricts carb intake. This is nothing new or revolutionary, just the latest in a long line of diet programs.
  • soxfan2184
    soxfan2184 Posts: 48
    Options
    You can also refer to Atkins, South Beach, and any other diet that restricts carb intake. This is nothing new or revolutionary, just the latest in a long line of diet programs.
    That is kind of what i figured but i wanted to get a different point of view
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    In the end, all diets come down to calories. No one specific diet will provide better results over another. Whats better is to set a moderate calorie deficit (see below) and exercise (mix between cardio and weight training). Also, set macro's to achieve 1 g of protein and .35g of fat per lb of lean body mass. The advantage of not dieting is you learn what to eat to help you feel full. Diets are not long term.

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal, and
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal.