ZUMBA!

Options
oomalmal
oomalmal Posts: 219 Member
Tonight my two Zumba instructors tag teamed a new class so one or the other was always taking a break. Well at the end of tonights class one of them came up to me and told me she never realized before because she's usually not able to focus on one person but,.....wait for it.....she said "You're REALLY good." That made my day to have a professional who does this for a living tell me that.

And that's my success for the day!

Replies

• megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! That is Awesome!! hahaha I love ZUMBA!! Huge compliment.... If i could move half as good as my zumba instructor i would be a very happy woman!!!

I have been to 6-7 classes now, and im still fumbleing through them... hahaha
  • dmcgee
    dmcgee Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    That is a wonderful compliment! You have done a great job losing as much weight as you have.....Kudos to you!!!!
  • Jenks
    Jenks Posts: 349
    Options
    Wow!!! That is Awesome!! hahaha I love ZUMBA!! Huge compliment.... If i could move half as good as my zumba instructor i would be a very happy woman!!!

I have been to 6-7 classes now, and im still fumbleing through them... hahaha

The more you do it the more natural the moves become. :flowerforyou:

To the OP: That's an awesome compliment :happy:
  • MsPatricia
    MsPatricia Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    im HOOKED on Zumba
  • vnava1
    vnava1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Don't you just love to go workout. Zumba is the best! Zumba has been the only workout that I enjoy and have made it my ritual. Can't miss Zumba, just can't.
  • tashtranquillo
    Options
    gotta love the zumba! burns heaps of calories and get's you shaking :tongue:
  • animatedbecca
    Options
    That is awesome! And so is your weight loss accomplishments! I have not done zumba...looks like alot of fun but Im not sure my stamina is up to that point yet.
  • msciccone1
    msciccone1 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Awwwwwwwwww how awesome is that!!! Congrats!!!
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Zumba soon, I'm so excited!!!!!!
  • Fiedems
    Fiedems Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    What is Zumba?
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    Tonight my two Zumba instructors tag teamed a new class so one or the other was always taking a break. Well at the end of tonights class one of them came up to me and told me she never realized before because she's usually not able to focus on one person but,.....wait for it.....she said "You're REALLY good." That made my day to have a professional who does this for a living tell me that.

THATS GREAT! Did 100 lbs heavier you, ever think that day would come?!? That is better than any food high could ever be huh? :bigsmile:
    I have a question for you I have heard so much about Zumba and they do have it at my gym. I had a fall about 7 weeks ago and hurt my knee it is a lot better now but I still favor it, and am aware of it all the time. I am not sure if I could do Zumba not because of my weight but because of my knee. I can walk fine and eliptical is ok it is just things like putting on my pants or walking up and down stairs, I can't lift my leg very comfortably. Do you think I could do Zumba if I have to "baby" my one knee?? Your "expert" opinion is appreciated!:wink:
  • sonipalm
    Options
    hi! I LOVE LOVE LOVE ZUMBA I never knew I could sweat so much! and laugh and smile while I do it! I just had ankle, heel and foot reconstructive surgery May 4th and I am outta my cast and have been to 5 classes and feel awesome even the swelling is down I think your ok also u can make zumba what u want they always say to be more a work out do this ect.... enjoy its a blast!
    Hope I move like my teacher and look like her someday!
  • Papaya81
    Papaya81 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba! Interestingly enough, my Zumba class had two instructors that were tag teaming as well last night. There is not any chance that you are from the Bay Area?
  • xojox
    xojox Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    What a great compliment!!

and WOW :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: on your weight loss xx
  • newman84
    newman84 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    i do zumba one a week i'm finally getting it after 2 months. Congrats on the weight loss and It's always nice to get a complement :D
  • B_Steppuhn
    B_Steppuhn Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    is there any where cheaper that i could find the zumba kit for at home for less that the 60 on the site?
  • oomalmal
    Options

THATS GREAT! Did 100 lbs heavier you, ever think that day would come?!? That is better than any food high could ever be huh? :bigsmile:
    I have a question for you I have heard so much about Zumba and they do have it at my gym. I had a fall about 7 weeks ago and hurt my knee it is a lot better now but I still favor it, and am aware of it all the time. I am not sure if I could do Zumba not because of my weight but because of my knee. I can walk fine and eliptical is ok it is just things like putting on my pants or walking up and down stairs, I can't lift my leg very comfortably. Do you think I could do Zumba if I have to "baby" my one knee?? Your "expert" opinion is appreciated!:wink:

My instructors are big on modification. As long as you move. Honestly I would do what your body felt comfortable doing. Hope that helps!:)
  • oomalmal
    Options
    I love Zumba! Interestingly enough, my Zumba class had two instructors that were tag teaming as well last night. There is not any chance that you are from the Bay Area?

No I live in Central Texas. It was fun having them both there though.
  • gandsooz
    Options
    I absolutley adore Zumba and ive only been twice. I used to find it difficult to slave away for 10 mins on a bike in the gym sooo boring , but Zumba im in there for an hour, sweating buckets , laughing and just not having a care in the world. Im one of teh bigger girls in the class ( obviosuly lol) but no one laughed, no one said anything , everyone was just having fun , im definatley keeping it up
  • MrsHazra
    MrsHazra Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I just got the 20min express workout dvd and also the 1 easy beat introduction. There are so many steps to learn. Since you do it already what do you think would be the best way to get started. It just seems like so much to learn??
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!