need help on losing belly fat!! please!

Options
hello all!
You can see from my main pic I have lost 38 pounds but that stomach is still here! I have 40 pounds to my goal! My eating is not 100 % perfect so that can be one of the issues? I'm not looking for washboard abs just don't wanna look preggo lol. I had a ababy 9 yearsss agbo ha. Any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks :) Feel free to add me to exchange support :D

Replies

• EjaneK11
    EjaneK11 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I would like to know as well! I lost 20 pounds and only 4 pounds to my goal. But I got this little belly going on still...... I want it gone!
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Belly fat will be one of the last places you will lose. I'm the same way. You just have to keep going. But as you get leaner diet will become more crucial so you may want to start being a bit more regimented. Good luck.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    No way to spot reduce
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Work on core strengthening so the muscle underneath will tone up so when the fat eventually goes you'll have some nice muscles going.
  • kganc001
    kganc001 Posts: 317
    Options
    Stress adds to belly fat build-up! If it was easy, everyone would have a small belly! Just build up your core strength so once the fatty parts are gone, there's a nice tight belly underneath :)

You're doing great!! Belly is always the last to lose. :( Boo!
  • ak_honda
    ak_honda Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Have you cleaned up your eating habits? I've noticed that since eating what I love (vegetables, fruits, vegetables, lentils/beans and more vegetables - i'm a natural vegetarian!) and not eating stuff i don't care to (meats, non-sprouted breads, processed foods) that with my cardio 5 days a week my belly is slowly going down and always feels light now. I don't crave things hardly at all (except tomatoes from a local garden nursery that sells them at the grocery store only during the summer). It has taken me months to get to the point that I am slowly noticing my belly go down.

Doing measurements also helps you to see if there is progress anywhere vs just looking at yourself. i don't measure myself, but my pants (especially my workout ones) all fit better and getting to big. Plus I get the input from my mom when i see here every other week and she comments on how it looks like my belly is going down. :-)
  • MoJokes
    MoJokes Posts: 691
    Options
    I don't think you should do ab work imo, as abs get bigger... the belly fat is pushed out!

I say start cleaning the diet up. i would cut down on/cut out processed carbs as they tend to aid in fat storage and turn to more lean sources like oats, rye bread, root potatoes (are a wonder).

Get your healthy fats up and protein up.
  • tinabatinaflc
    Options
    clean up the diet. it's a constant struggle for me too. but lean proteins, easy on the carbs (don't limit veggies, but limit fruit and starchy carbs), and drink a ton of water. I see the most success in myself in my gut when i eat high lean protein, very few starchy carbs, and drink a gallon of water a day :)

good luck!
  • alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I'm the same, your stomach has shrunk, it will still do but slowly, it's the last place to go for a lot of people, only thing you can do is try some ab exercises so your abs come through quicker and make it look more toned, or else you will just have to wait it out.
  • marylovehellokitty
    marylovehellokitty Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    thx for the tips :) hope we all lose this darn tummy soon hehe
  • marylovehellokitty
    marylovehellokitty Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    :P