Help! Need some new ideas

Options
Queen_JessieA
Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
My oven has been broken for a while (thankfully, the stove top works). I have a crock pot and an electric griddle as well. We don't have an outside grill, either. I am running low on ideas on what to serve my family! Any ideas would be great!! What I wouldn't give to be able to make a healthy pizza in the oven!! ugh! LOL.

I really just need to get the part. It is some sort of igniter.

Replies

• Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    Crockpot lasagna! :D 'Tis super delicious. I didn't have a low-cal version at the time, but a quick Google search confirmed that there are many versions of it.
  • smsavoy
    smsavoy Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Check out skinnytaste.com, there is a lot of crock pot meals and other ideas you could fix on a griddle, or on top of the stove. There is even ideas for non bake foods.

Hope this helps.
  • Queen_JessieA
    Options
    Check out skinnytaste.com, there is a lot of crock pot meals and other ideas you could fix on a griddle, or on top of the stove. There is even ideas for non bake foods.

Hope this helps.

I LOVE Skinnytaste. We use Gina's site often :) One of our faves is the picadillo!!

I will have to try that crockpot lasagna recipe. Sounds yummy! Thanks!
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Wow, you can do just about anything if your stovetop still works! Get yourself a dutch oven (or if you already have one) and you can bake almost everything in that. I use Dutch ovens while camping and make biscuits and pizzas and roast chickens and everything over the fire! They're fabulous.
  • Queen_JessieA
    Options
    Wow, you can do just about anything if your stovetop still works! Get yourself a dutch oven (or if you already have one) and you can bake almost everything in that. I use Dutch ovens while camping and make biscuits and pizzas and roast chickens and everything over the fire! They're fabulous.

Good to know! I had no clue you could cook pizzas and the such in a dutch oven! I will have to go google those recipes too!
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Good to know! I had no clue you could cook pizzas and the such in a dutch oven! I will have to go google those recipes too!
    Cast Iron is The Best for me. Good luck! (and happy recipe hunting!)