feeling grateful to be at a weight you once cried about?

Options

Replies

• GrendlStig
    GrendlStig Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Yes, I feel that way, too!
  • araviel
    araviel Posts: 19
    Options
    Yup .... remember vividly being 17-18 and 114lbs (52kg) and never wanting to wear a bikini, rarely even a tank top, as I felt so fat. It's annoying, so many years wasted on hiding up when I should have been soaking up sun, enjoying myself. Heck, I enjoy myself a lot more now, even with the extra weight, hell bent on not having the rest of my 20s spent picking at myself and covering up.
  • Puffingmuffin
    Puffingmuffin Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I watch the biggest loser for the crying stories.
  • dbratton87
    dbratton87 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thinking you're fat at 130? You must be a lot shorter than me because I'm at my goal weight of 130 and it's on the low end of the healthy BMI for my height. Most people characterize me as skinny or slim. Weight is so relative - it just shocked me to think of my weight as being fat, but I guess it could be for some people. :flowerforyou:

Exactly! That was shocking to me! I am 5'3 3/4 and I can't even imagine weighing 130. I'm currently 150, which was my original goal but I have now lowered that to 135/140. Anyway, my BF% is like 27 right now which is right in the middle of average. If I got to 130 I think it would be closer to the low end!
  • newsharonkay
    newsharonkay Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Omg i thought I was the only one who felt that way. I remember that I cried when i had to buy my first size 14 and now I would give up a pinky toe to be there again..
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,452 Member
    Options
    The title of the thread made me laugh but I can relate! I didn't cry, but I was very taken aback when I weighed 123 lb (IIRC) for the first time in my early 30s, having always been lighter than that previously. I got pregnant shortly after (or maybe I was pregnant when I weighed myself - that would explain it!), and ended up at about 112 lb, until my weight crept up again a few years later. I lost some weight and was delighted to be 135lb! I eventually put on loads and loads of weight, and now I think I'd feel great at 150. I find it hard to imagine being 123, never mind 112.
  • jodsap
    jodsap Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    YES! I was about 125-130lbs thru most of my teen years and ALWAYS thought I was chubby ( and sadly had a boyfriend or two that let me know that ). Now I am 32lbs away from getting back to that weight and I will cry when I get there. Hell, I get all wishy washy now when I think of all the stuff I have been missing physically/emotionally/mentally from getting heavier and heavier over the years....
  • jumblejups
    jumblejups Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    :O This could be me. My goal weight is 130. I was 130 about 6 years ago. 6 years ago I thought I was fat. I have compiled a little folder of pics of me - about one for each of the last 8 years - showing how my figure has changed. At 130, I now see, I was SLIM. I was also fit through exercise. People used to tell me I looked slim/good and I never believed them.

When I get to 130, this time I will be appreciating it. Good luck to the rest of you!
  • BluejayNY
    BluejayNY Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I am not sure why but I am the opposite. I remember feeling really womanly and sexy at 135 when I was 19-20. I was loving my curves. I actually felt great into the 140s then too. It wasn't until I hit 172 that I freaked out. I set my goal as 135 but found myself unsatisfied when I hit it. I have weighed between 116 and 127 for 5 years now (usually around 123/124). Now I do not feel attractive unless I am closer to 120 which is 15 lbs under my original goal weight. I think it is because I feel as I have gotten older the fat distributes differently on my body than it did when I was younger.
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    When I was a teenager, I cried because I was so skinny.......like 90lbs.................years later, when I saw 119 on the scale, I dieted down to 105; now, 119 sounds pretty d@mn good!!!!!
  • keegalie
    keegalie Posts: 82
    Options
    I always say "I wish I was as fat as I was when I thought I was fat".

Meeee too!! haha
  • ToBeCountry
    ToBeCountry Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I always say "I wish I was as fat as I was when I thought I was fat".

Agree!
  • kimbyfly
    kimbyfly Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I remember being 9st and thinking I was fat when I was about 17. I would do almost anything to be 9st now, considering I'm 12st 8lbs atm. I wish I had more confidence in myself when I was younger, when I was actually slim, instead of getting fat and now slowly building my confidence through losing weight.
  • operation_cute
    operation_cute Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Same here! Before I had kids I was in sports, lifted weights, ect and stayed around 120-125 lbs and thought I was "fat" now I just wish I was that fat! Can't wait till I hit that mark again :) lol I look back on my pictures and think "what the heck was I thinking???"
  • oskybosky4
    oskybosky4 Posts: 62
    Options
    The first time I joined weightwatchers I was about 25 and weighed 10st [140lbs] and was considered overweight for my height 5'4" this was nearly 40 years ago. If only I hadn't started dieting as its been on an off dieting ever since, and gaining more after every diet.

Finally I go so fed up with 'dieting' I got referred to a support group and re-learned what healthy eating really is and how exercise can be good for you. This at the age of 63 and a weight of 18st 2lb.

Well in the last 20 weeks or so I have lost 22lb plus - I don't even think of myself as on a 'diet' and I now enjoy at least one form of exercise and am learning to find others I may also enjoy. Its a slow progress but I am happy with it.

I could cry now to think anyone would think that 10 stone was overweight - its ridiculous - and if I hadn't started 'dieting' then I may not have gained so much weight over the years

So any of you youngsters out there don't 'diet' eat healthly, don't deprive yourself either just don't go mad. And please don't use skin and bone fashion models as your role models.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I know I was ecstatic to see my pre-pregnancy weight from ever having kids, that was my smallest I had ever been, and I still thought I was fat, I was over weight then but not obese. I'm currently at my smallest of my entire adult hood, that makes me cry. I hit my goal weight and see all the work I've done and I couldn't be happier.
  • appygirl84
    appygirl84 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    YES!

I hated 145, so I got down to 128 and was very happy. Then I went back up to 145 and felt pretty crappy about it, now I am about 163ish and I would LOVE to be 145 again. I hope that if I ever get back there that I will never complain again!
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Nope, unfortunately i cant say that i can relate. I've always been heavy. I'm in my 150s right now and i feel awesome. I cant believe you thought you were fat at 130!
  • BarbellBlondieRuns
    BarbellBlondieRuns Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. What were we thinkin? lol
  • mrslynch
    mrslynch Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I've felt that way about clothing... a pair of jeans I was mad at myself about having to buy now fit again and I'm excited. When I bought them I felt fat in them and self conscious all the time, now I put them on and I feel skinny and confident. It's funny how our perspective changes. Of course I'll be even happier when I get rid of them because they are too big (they're loose now!)...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!