Half-Marathon???

Options
A friend of mine and i are talking about tackling our first half marathon later in the year. I find i train much better if i have paid for the event but having difficulty finding one that would be fun. We are in the Texas Panhandle so looking at races in the Dallas/Ft Worth area or maybe Oklahoma City area. Anyone have any suggestions or a race in Texas or Oklahoma that you would reccommend for rookies?

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    You might do some Googling to see if there are any local runners clubs that have a forum or list of events. If there's a running store near you, they may also be able to help. If I ever go nuts and decide to run a half marathon, I've gotten my husband to agree that I can spend the $$ and do a Disney race! :) We'll see how I do in my next 5K and my July 10K before I start making any grandiose 13.1 mile plans, though. ;)
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    The Dallas Marathon/Half Marathon is December 8th I believe. I'm going to do that and a race in The Colony October 12th. Other than that you can look here for races in the area.

http://www.runontexas.com/races
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    trifind.com has a complete listing of races, from 5k, triathlons, and mud runs.

active.com is good too.
  • erinm2629
    erinm2629 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You might do some Googling to see if there are any local runners clubs that have a forum or list of events. If there's a running store near you, they may also be able to help. If I ever go nuts and decide to run a half marathon, I've gotten my husband to agree that I can spend the $$ and do a Disney race! :) We'll see how I do in my next 5K and my July 10K before I start making any grandiose 13.1 mile plans, though. ;)

Yeah i want to do a Disney Run too but will totally have to plan ahead for that one and save up some $$.