"One Treat" A day??

Options
Hey guys...
I was wondering if it is weird to allow yourself one treat a day instead of once a week....
Like once a day I may allow my self to have some frozen yogurt, then the next day I could have 1 mini donut, then the next day I might have a thing of chocolate etc...

So is this weird for me to do? Now that I'm smaller will it effect my weigh loss? All comments are appreciated^_^

Replies

• jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with treats, unless they break your objectives.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    If it fits in your calories and macros then there's nothing wrong with eating things that you'd consider "treats". Assuming, of course, no medical conditions or allergies, etc. I tend to have something sugary most days, I just watch my portion sizes and eat plenty of protein and veggies the rest of the day.
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I tend to buy dark chocolate squares at 30 calories each, so I get my chocolate and sugar fix and it doesn't break my calorie bank! Lol.

So long as it fits in your calories, go for it!
  • RobP1192
    RobP1192 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Honestly, i would definitely allow yourself a "treat" if that's what you need to do. It's extremely impractical to go cold turkey. As long as you're trying to eat healthy and live healthy, those "treats" won't be as detrimental to your health.
  • Casilibre
    Casilibre Posts: 21
    Options
    I have dessert every day! Dark chocolate, strawberry yogurt, sugar free jello. Last night I even had a 90 cal rice crispy treat.
    I am still losing weight, down from 165 to 139. You can't deprive yourself, as long as it fits into your calories. Go for it! :)

Everything in moderation.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Calories in/calories out...manage your macros...that's it...you're golden. Get your proper nutrition...it doesn't matter if you have desert or a cookie or whatever...so long as you're getting your proper nutrition, achieve your calorie goals, and achieve your macro goals.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    Calories in/calories out...manage your macros...that's it...you're golden. Get your proper nutrition...it doesn't matter if you have desert or a cookie or whatever...so long as you're getting your proper nutrition, achieve your calorie goals, and achieve your macro goals.
    exactly this.
  • Gdeeaz
    Gdeeaz Posts: 60
    Options
    I allow myself a treat a day. Usually it is a pudding cup or pop chips.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you want. Today I had some dark chocolate after lunch and I'll have peanut butter cups after dinner. I've logged my entire day and still have 300 calories left over. I've met my fat and protein goals so I'll probably have some mango sorbet after dinner too, since I need the carbs, along with a couple pieces of fruit.

Don't worry about how often you're "treating" yourself or whether or not anyone else thinks it's weird. IDGAF what anyone thinks about me eating multiple servings of chocolate and sorbet today. Oh, and I have a glass of red wine logged with dinner. I do what I want!:wink:
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Do what works for you.

I have those types of things generally more than once a day. I don't tend to separate my foods into separate camps though, I just look at the overall nutrition I'm getting through the day.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    If it fits in your goals, go for it. I have a little (or a lot) or something just about every day. All while losing and staying at my goal weight for a over a year and a half.
  • gracetillman
    gracetillman Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    As long as you log it and it fits in your plan -- go for it. I couldn't follow an eating plan long term that did not permit me to enjoy foods I love. I just have less of it and I am satisfied with that option!
  • o2bADyer
    o2bADyer Posts: 208
    Options
    I have dessert every day! Dark chocolate, strawberry yogurt, sugar free jello. Last night I even had a 90 cal rice crispy treat.
    I am still losing weight, down from 165 to 139. You can't deprive yourself, as long as it fits into your calories. Go for it! :)

Everything in moderation.

^^ this ^^ :happy:
  • marcel_theschell
    marcel_theschell Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have ice cream nearly every day, yet I've still managed to continue losing weight. Moderation is key when eating treats.
  • skinnydreams19
    skinnydreams19 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I think that sounds more reasonable than once a week and more likely to last in the long term. Good for you!
  • howardheilweil
    howardheilweil Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine why this would be an issue unless it pushed you over your calorie goals every day.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    IIFYM
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    how about several a day??? just go work it off, have what you want!
  • michellechawner
    Options
    I don't do every day personally, but I do eat what I want and still lose the weight. I have brownies, I have pizza, I have ice cream...

Just make sure it hits your macros and you're good to go!
  • Joannesmith2818
    Joannesmith2818 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    If it working for you...and it makes you happy....why not!!
    I always have a big bar of dark choc in my draw at work. This way if I get craving i pop in a square and it stops me buying chocolate. I have only needed 4 squares in the last 3 weeks!!