Favorite good-for-you snacks?

Options
I never thought I could have good food and good snacks and desserts while dieting, but here are a few of my favorites....

-Breyers fat free vanilla ice cream with fresh cut up strawberries and chocolate syrup (serving cut in half for only 50 calories if low on calories)

-laughing cow cheese wedges (only 35 calories per wedge) spread on wheatables reduced fat crackers

-fat free/sugar free instant chocolate pudding with fresh strawberries.

Guess I am on a strawberry kick!:happy:

What are yours?

Replies

• amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I never thought I could have good food and good snacks and desserts while dieting, but here are a few of my favorites....

-Breyers fat free vanilla ice cream with fresh cut up strawberries and chocolate syrup (serving cut in half for only 50 calories if low on calories)

-laughing cow cheese wedges (only 35 calories per wedge) spread on wheatables reduced fat crackers

-fat free/sugar free instant chocolate pudding with fresh strawberries.

Guess I am on a strawberry kick!:happy:

What are yours?
  • LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options
    Celery w/ peanut butter ... Fat Free Vanilla yogurt
  • bamabelle
    bamabelle Posts: 14
    Options
    My current favorite snacks...

banana cream pie yogurt.

cottage cheese

low fat pita and hummus

green giant broccoli and lowfat cheese sauce (the frozen package)

OK, so I'm a little odd with my food choices. I'm just doing my best to avoid sweets - they're my downfall - and stick to good proteins.
  • runningdevil
    runningdevil Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Since you love strawberries, you should try putting them on top of a whole wheat bagel half, english muffin, or toast spread w/ FF cream cheese. Yummy! I much prefer cream cheese with the actual fruit (like strawberries & blueberries) on top as opposed to fruit flavored cream cheese.
  • Jamariqui
    Jamariqui Posts: 43
    Options
    A way to save some calories is to use Bryers fat free and sugar free double churn ice cream. It's very good and like 80 calories per half cup
  • bamabelle
    bamabelle Posts: 14
    Options
    The Smuckers sugar-free strawberry topping is good on EVERYthing!
  • lifesaver
    lifesaver Posts: 132
    Options
    smoothies!!! with frozen fruit mix, fat free yogurt, and about 1/4 cup of milk... comes out to about 150 calories. yummy!
    oh and fibre 1 bars, they taste like chocolate bars haha!
  • gaelbrady
    gaelbrady Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Fresh strawberries are my favorite snack!

:)
  • amymeenieminymo
    Options
    A way to save some calories is to use Bryers fat free and sugar free double churn ice cream. It's very good and like 80 calories per half cup

Yeah I think thats what I have, whatever it is its 80 or 90 calories....I'm all out though, finished the carton last night :sad:
  • amymeenieminymo
    Options
    Since you love strawberries, you should try putting them on top of a whole wheat bagel half, english muffin, or toast spread w/ FF cream cheese. Yummy! I much prefer cream cheese with the actual fruit (like strawberries & blueberries) on top as opposed to fruit flavored cream cheese.

MMmm that does sound good. Can you tell a big difference between FF cream cheese and regular? Some stuff taste exactly the same in FF, but other stuff is horrible!
  • Flocker
    Flocker Posts: 35
    Options
    Lately, I've been really loving fruits and veggies w/hummus. Also, Babybel reduced fat cheese wheels. They are so cute and fun to open and only around 50 calories, with 6g protein! :love:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

String cheese
    almonds
    jell-o sugar free rice pudding (70 cals...sooooo good!)
    apples
    as far as ice-cream, I've tried a TON and breyer's makes a light/slow chrun chocolate that is only 100cals for 1/2 cup...my other fav is friendly's chocolate chip mint...120 cals for 1/2 cup
    Smores luna bars

Lo,
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    trail mix with m&m's and raisins in it 130 cal
    jello sugar free bananna fudge 60 cal yummy!!!
    fresh GA peaches70cal
    skinny cow mint sandwhiches (want one right now) 140 cal
  • eHarris
    eHarris Posts: 160
    Options
    1. sugar free chocolate pudding with half a pack of Oreo thins crushed in
    2. laughing cow cheese with either low fat crackers or celery.
    3. yoplait light peach harvest yogurt
    4. Kashi Cherry Dark Chocolate bars
  • runningdevil
    runningdevil Posts: 35 Member
    Options

MMmm that does sound good. Can you tell a big difference between FF cream cheese and regular? Some stuff taste exactly the same in FF, but other stuff is horrible!

I can't really tell a difference, I can really only taste the berries!
  • ramonaschack
    ramonaschack Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Celery stuffed with roasted pepper humus
    Blue Bunny Fudge Lites
    Lowfat cottage cheese with blueberries
    Half an apple with peanut butter
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Banana Smoothies! (homemade with skim milk, bananas, and ice)

party0010.gif