Not there yet...but I'm proud of myself

Options
Terpnista84
Terpnista84 Posts: 517 Member
The pic on the left is from last September and is roughly what I weighed (approaching 170) when I dedicated myself to getting in shape back in February. I remember feeling so disgusted when I took the pic and knew I had to do something. It took me months to actually commit to it though.

On the right is the pic I took on Saturday. I was feeling super sluggish when I was out for my jog but then I realized how loose my exercise shorts were (I rarely wear them because I prefer leggings). And I remembered that these were the shorts I wore when I took my before shot and I thought of how uncomfortable I was in them and how they gave me severe muffin top. I pulled up my shirt and looked down and was amazed at how much room I had. It really helped me put things in perspective. So here is my before and my FIRST after. I have a long way to go but you have to reach the small goals before hitting the big one :)

11ff48a8d78311e2900c22000a1fb715_7.jpg

Replies

• sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    You look fabulous!
  • katiekate58
    Options
    Good job!
  • cmurphy252
    cmurphy252 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    AWESOME results! Congrats :flowerforyou:
  • jennybean1985
    Options
    Definitely noticeable you're looking great!
  • jessizona80
    jessizona80 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Feels good, doesn't it!?! Way to go!
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! It is good when realizing how far we have come gives us the boost we need to keep going!!
  • BeautifulByChoice
    Options
    You look awesome!
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Terpnista84
    Options
    Great job!!! It is good when realizing how far we have come gives us the boost we need to keep going!!
    Yup! And that is exactly what motivated me to finish my run.
  • chineyLuv
    chineyLuv Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Can DEFINITELY see the difference!
    Well done! :flowerforyou:
  • Terpnista84
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • Rho_Ro
    Rho_Ro Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I am so happy for u. Ur legs appear slimmer at the top as well! YAYYYYYYY u.

Remember to take photos and compare - ur right it really does help. My adult son wondered who was in the photo in the red top with his Dad LOL. He did a double take when I told him it was me LOL. I've dined on that for months (figuratively speaking of course) :-)
  • sar1386
    sar1386 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I think u have done great, when u do things for urself not others it really pays off,:)
  • saanaismom
    saanaismom Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You look fab - look at the inches you've lost off your belly and your thighs! Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!