Turbo Jam?

Options
i was thinking about getting turbo jam, but i'm worried that it wont really work. if anyone has tried or is using turbo jam, please tell me what you think about it so i will know if i should get it or not. :wink:

Replies

• PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,732 Member
    Options
    I've heard lots of good things about it. I tried it, and it wasn't for me. It's too dance-y for my tastes, and I am so not coordinated! Slim in 6 and Slim Series were much more to my liking. Any exercise program done consistently is better than doing none. The most important thing when it comes to fat loss, if that's what you're looking for, is eating to fuel your body for whatever you're doing. Good luck, and I hope that helps somewhat!
  • 4everMyself
    Options
    thx:flowerforyou:
  • LittleTwitty
    Options
    Hey!

I have it and I love it. I work for Beachbody and of all our products Turbo Jam is one of my favorites. It's fun, energetic and Chalean is awesome! I don't think its very dancy, like say Hip Hop Abs or something of that nature.

If you are looking for more of a challenge try the newest Turbo workout Turbo Fire!
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Anything can work if you follow the plan.. I did the Biggest Loser Cardio Max faithfully and was very pleased with the results! I've been wanting to get Turbo Jam because the burned cals are insane!!
  • Sandrea03
    Options
    I'm doing Turbo Fire (her kicked up a notch program) and I absolutely love it. I'm 5 weeks in and it is definitely working, but not gonna lie...it's tough, especially the first couple of weeks. It is very dance-y kickboxing with great music. Here is a link to a video preview of Turbo Fire so you can see what it is all about.

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/turbofire.do?code=BBHOME_CONTROL_TF
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    TurboJam is the reason I've lost 50 pounds. I've been using it for 2 years & it is the FIRST workout that I've been able to stick with. It opened so many doors for me physically, I can't even tell you. Also, it really isn't all that dancy, imho. It is more like kickboxing. :flowerforyou: It is so important to find a workout that you enjoy! I have a list a mile long of workouts I don't enjoy. If you don't enjoy it, you won't do it. Good luck to you!
  • decemberg
    Options
    Try to find a Turbo Jam (Turbo Kick) class in your area. I find that if you actually go to a class rather than do the DVD in your house you will stick to it more and go harder. I do Zumba religiously and Turbo Kick and I love them both!
  • coolstacey6
    coolstacey6 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    GET IT!!!!! I just got done doing it. I'm pouring sweat but it doesn't "hurt" you if you know what I mean. I LOVE IT!!!!!!! I have tons of workout videos and this is THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 4everMyself
    Options
    thank you so much! i think i am going to get this now. i :heart: music. i even play guitar. hopefully turbo jam will change my life!:bigsmile:
  • cynthials
    cynthials Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I am in week 3 of TJ and LOVE it. It is a lot of fun and I look forward to it everyday!
  • Sara8681
    Options
    I love turbo jam...Ive had the dvds fora while but just started back up this week...I sometimes put on my own music
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Hello
    I really want to buy Turbo Jam as I read really good things about it. I was wondering if you need a lot of space for it though? I only have a smallish room. Could someone tell me if you have to move about a lot or is more in one spot?

Thank you!

All the best

Daisy
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I do it in about an 8'x10' Enough room to kick forward, backward and shuffle & kick to the sides. HTH!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Hello
    I really want to buy Turbo Jam as I read really good things about it. I was wondering if you need a lot of space for it though? I only have a smallish room. Could someone tell me if you have to move about a lot or is more in one spot?

Thank you!

All the best

Daisy

You don't need much room to do TJ. It is FUN and I love Chalene Johnson! She also has a new workout system called TurboFire! Let me know if you have any questions!
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies! I ordered it last night and can't wait for it to arrive!! I will see if I have enough space in my room.
    I live in a flatshar and we have a spare room where we all dumb our stuff that we don't need in the room. I have my flatmates permission to turn it into an exercise room! Will start that project next weekend! :smile:

i came across Turbo Fire. Not sure what it is but I had the impression that it is a more advanced version. Is that right?

Also unfortunately it is quite difficult to get hold of Beachbody products here in the UK. All the extra DvD's that you have for Turbo Jam are not available here....it really is a shame :sad:

Thanks again for your help!

Take care

Daisy