Predicted Bra size after weight loss?

Options
Hi, I'm currently 200lbs, but I'm trying to lose 80lbs which will be within a healthy BMI for my height. I'm wondering from other people's experience, what will happen to my breasts as I know they're mostly fat - will they go completely, or will the band size go down but the cup size stay the same? Is there any particular diet or exercises that would help maintain the size? Also I'm worried about sagging and if there's anything that can be done to prevent this? I'm also about to start on birth control for the first time and wonder how this will affect my (hoped for) weight loss?
I'm currently a 21 year old, 38 DD.

Replies

• vickidiane13
    vickidiane13 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I was a 40 DD when I began, I was near 200 lbs. I am now 153 lbs and a 36C.
  • JonesM7801
    JonesM7801 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It depends on your body. I have read about people who didn't see any change in their bust when they lost weight and then there are people like me who see a huge change. I went from a 44DDD at 280 pounds to a 36C at 158 pounds
  • ihammen
    ihammen Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I started out at 187 and a 38DD, I now weigh 150 and wear a 34DD
  • cspong
    cspong Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping it'll just go back to where it was when I was a teen and at an almost healthy weight. I'm currently a very full 40DD and used to be a 38C... but I've also had a kid in that time :/
  • ALittlePixieDust
    ALittlePixieDust Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I started out as a 42DD when I started at 262 pounds - almost 40 pounds later...sadly I am still the same..I would like to lose some of it but nothing yet.
  • michellechawner
    Options
    I was 34C at 167
    Now 34B at 127

Not a big difference, I still wear my C bras because I'm not about to go buy more until I'm done and at maintenance (7 more pounds!)

If you're 21, don't worry too much about sagging, you're still young and it'll probably bounce back pretty good. I suggest taping them suckers down for anything high activity, or double up on the sports bra.
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    We might all lose some, it's very different for everyone.

Age, genetics, amt of wt. loss, babies... all play a part in it too. So there really isn't a good way to predict just how much, if any, you will lose.

I have gone down about 1/2 cup size & a few inches on the band. At the same time, my sister who has lost more weight than me hasn't really lost much volume from her girls.

I'm not too concerned about that now. I just really want to GET FIT for once, then I will deal with whatever's going on then. That's what a good surgeon is for, lol.
    :wink:

***Get a nice fitted High Intensity sports bra. As you lose weight, replace the bras to make sure they continue to give good support.
    21525558.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    everything will go down. and also keep in mind that a 40d and 32d is the not same cup size the 40d is a bigger cup size due to the bigger band.

I was 44c now i am wearing a 42c on the tightest part and it's big in the cup and band. I didn't buy new bras my sister keeps everything and from when she was smaller she wore that size for awhile and gave me like 5 "new" bras.
  • laylaness
    laylaness Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I went from a 36C to a 34A/B, depending on the brand. I've lost 1.5" inches around my chest since I started losing weight, and I'm not even halfway to goal yet.

What helped me is strength training on the upper body. I lost the inches around my chest, as well as those weird bulges by my armpits, and my shoulders and upper back are just looking nicer. It can help keep breasts perky, too, I hear.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    You can't predict your bra size after weight loss. You can't spot reduce or spot retain fat anywhere on your body, boobs included. Yes, sometimes you end up with no boobs. Such is life. Learn to accept your new body, get implants or stay a little fat.
  • sleepingtodream
    sleepingtodream Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I agree that this isn't going to be something you can't predict. Some people keep their boobs after weighloss while others lose them. I'm part of the latter group and I'm ok with that as it was something I kind of expected. I am back to the shape/weight I was in high school and I had a small chest then and women in my family are smaller chested.

In college I staretd putting on weight and my breasts got bigger (that was a plus I suppose), then I got married, pregnant and breast fed for quite some time. I was a 36 DDD at my largest (170 lbs) and with my weight loss (currently 124 lbs) I suspect I'm a 32C? Haven't been measured yet...I'm still wearing my 34 DD bra's:(

Seeing myself in the mirror is a little shocking to me but my breasts are proportionate to my body and I am so much more comfortable when running and doing high impact exercise and even in a bikini I'm not spilling out all over. I agree with people who have said to get good sports bras and also don't lose weight too quickly to try and help prevent sagging( I think you do have your young age on your side though).
  • minionofevil
    minionofevil Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on your body and situation. I was a 36C before I had my son. I wore a 40D when I started on here. 36lbs later, I wear a 36D, so around I am back to before but my breasts are still larger. Could be the fact that I am breastfeeding though lol.
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Depends on where you lose the weight. My cup size never changes. It has been the same skinny, pregnant..and a little overweight. It is usually just the strap size that changes for me. I have gone down to the tightest slot on my 36 now. When I get to goal I will probably go down from a 36d to a 34d. Not much.
  • smurfzilla
    smurfzilla Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'd just say don't stress about it too much. Its different depending on the person.
    Also, don't be afraid of good upper body workouts. There are muscles under your boobs.