Muscle Gain vs Fat Loss

Options
I'm at the point now where this is a challenge. Before I started using this program, I had already lost about 20 lbs..so 30 lbs to date since 11/2009 when I started dropping weight. However now that I'm nearing my goal, I find my body starting stabilize and I believe add muscle. I'm not against that... I just want to keep losing the fat. It seems to be competing with itself.

Replies

• tatey2009
    Options
    the more muscle you have the faster your metabolism works so you will burn at a quicker rate so it is all good
  • kcbythec
    kcbythec Posts: 22
    Options
    Hi all,

I've been doing more heavy training (hence gaining muscle) but am losing at this point. My personal trainer has me on a program of 6 weeks heavy training one day cardio only. After six weeks then we do interval/agility and short body weight only circuits for 4 weeks. This is to burn fat, not gaining much muscle but to slim, then back to another weight/lifting program for 6 and so on. Each time shaking up the routine to cause the body not to be complacent with the same things.

Hope this helps.

KC
  • beckylou77
    Options
    I struggle with the same thing! I eat fairly healthily (if you took away the alcohol I enjoy at the weekneds) but I never seem to lose weight. I can only seem to do it through exercise. I do become quite 'muscular'..... not in a horrid way but I have quite big legs. I then never seem to lose as much weight as I would like. I am very heavy but still quite slim if you know what I mean eg well over 10 stone (five foot 4) but still a UK size 10. It frustrates me that weight continues to be so important!
  • gwoyang
    gwoyang Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Well I did seem to break the barrier. I've gained some muscle and lost some weight this week. So far I've lost 35 lbs since last year november. Now that I'm getting closer to the goal, it is more work. I've realized controlling what time of the day I eat my meals also makes a difference.