NSV: First 5K

Options
tooliebell
tooliebell Posts: 177 Member
I didn't think this would be such a big deal, but I ran in my first 5k on Saturday. I did pretty good too, I think for my first time, I did it in 30:10, and I only missed 3rd place in my age group by 30 seconds. Looks like a lot of good runners can do this in about 26 minutes, so that is my new goal. To get my time down and do it again. I never thought I would say I wanted to even do one 5k, pay to run and get up early???? That sounded weird.

But after I finished, and I ran the whole way, that was my goal, run the entire time, I felt so dang accomplished. I mean this time last year, I was more than 70 pounds heavier and I couldn't run more than 1 minute. Now I am already thinking of how often, I might like to do a 5k and when possibly I may try a 10k!

Replies

• Adrisn
    Adrisn Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Congratulations this is amazing!
  • RacheUk82
    RacheUk82 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    That is so lovely to hear!! Way to go!

I am currently struggling with week 7 of a c25k and have my first proper 5k in July! Id love to be able to run the whole thing.

:)
  • mandylgibbs
    mandylgibbs Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    That is an excellent time! I just ran my first one about a week and a half ago. I ran another this morning before work. I love it! Congrats on your victory!
  • sleepingtodream
    sleepingtodream Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Great job! I ran my first 5K two weeks ago and it was such a rush:) My next goal is a 5 Mile Race on July 3 and am going to try and build up to a 10K yet this year. Keep up the great work!
  • TattedCharli
    TattedCharli Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Love it!! excellent job!! and you should be very proud of yourself. I am hoping to run my first 5k by the end of this year.... on my b-day actually.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!