A shameless plea ... from me

Options
rcbiv
rcbiv Posts: 3 Member
Hello. My name is Randy, and I'm shameless.

So here is my quick story: I've used MFP off and on for almost a year now. It's a great tool and resource. It's helped me a lot. But I'm still not where I want to be. I need MFP to do a little more for me.

My news feed is sad. My handful of "friends" are long inactive or unmotivated. I need motivated friends to keep me motivated.

I'm a mid-20s good ol' boy living in New England and I'm just looking for some MFP friends. Gals. Guys. Whoever wants to friend me is fine by me. No one will be turned away at the door (but you do have to be THIS tall to be admitted on the ride.)

That's my plea. I'm shameless. *Cue Garth Brooks*

Replies

• caaarolinav
    caaarolinav Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I want in! My news feed is super inactive -but that's due to the fact that I only have one friend up there.
  • ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    ok the cue garth brooks thing totally got me! add coming your way
  • mizgiet
    mizgiet Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how this works, but I want to learn. So, count me in!! :-)
  • LaLonda76
    LaLonda76 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Randy. I don't have any friends on here and just decided to check out the "community" tab up top while eating dinner.

I started faithfully using myfitnesspal January 2011 and lost over 20 pounds. Unfortunately, I had a white water rafting accident and injured my knee. I went from playing tennis > 4 times per week (at minimum) to not being able to bear any weight on 1 leg for 1 month. As a result I gained over 20 pounds back over the course of 9 months.

I'm trying to use the app to again lose the weight. Due to my knee I will probably never get back to playing tennis the way I did. I need motivation to go out and do the things that my knee will allow me to do such as walking for exercise.
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Garth got me too.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    No one will be turned away at the door (but you do have to be THIS tall to be admitted on the ride.)

Well, crap. I got all excited and then I saw that bit. I'm pretty short :( I probably wouldn't qualify.
    :brokenheart: :cry: :sad:
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    Anybody hanging off the Green Monster gets a thumbs-up from me! Go Red Sox!
  • cupcakelady12
    Options
    Hi Randy,

We all need motivated from time to time. My husband and I are both on MFP. We started our weight loss/get healthy journey mid January this year and are going strong. I am very fortunate to have him working with me. He has lost 80 pounds and I have lost 58.
    We exercise (walk outside, at the gym we use the treadmill, stationary bike and or strength train. We have quite a way to go but are feeling great and see some wonderful changes in life!

Keep up your good work! What are you doing for exercise etc?

Sandra
  • rcbiv
    rcbiv Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That's me falling off the Green Monster. Perfect timing on the photo, ey? ;)

A little more about me: I love baseball, snowmobiling, country music and good craft beer (which, ahem, can be a weight problem). I'm a journalist by trade but recently started working in an archery shop.

That's me in a nutshell.
  • lougalan
    lougalan Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm in buddy!
  • dessertlover27
    dessertlover27 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I am always a little suspicious when someone declares themselves to be good ol' boy . And I am pretty short too. So I may not pass. But I have always wanted a shameless friend. Or one that's capable of a shameless plea (even though there's nothing shameful about that). :)

Feel free to add me. Here everyday :) So can anyone else that's active on MFP and could use a friend. Just include a MSG so I know where you know me from.
  • mycrobemini
    mycrobemini Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Garth Brooks for the win! Count me in!
  • jolt28
    jolt28 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Just sent you a request-- in for the baseball pics. Lol
  • timewiz13
    timewiz13 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I've added you, and I expect a return in the motivation sense! (^_^)d