whats the best xsize loose stomach fat?

Options
I would love to know. Been getting on my treadmill 30 mins aday and I feel as if its not enough... any pointers?

Replies

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,224 Member
    Options
    You cannot spot reduce. To lose fat, eat at a calorie deficit.
  • Nishi2013
    Nishi2013 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I would love to know. Been getting on my treadmill 30 mins aday and I feel as if its not enough... any pointers?

Yep. 30 minutes is not nearly enough. You cant spot reduce but you can start toning. Add planks, squats, deadlifts to your workoit. Leg raises are also great.
  • ilovejillian
    Options
    Cardio cardio cardio. With a calorie deficit of course
  • stephenkandris
    Options
    There really isn't a way to just lose stomach fat. Your body loses a little all over when you are losing weight. Give it time and you will see a difference!
  • Abdul160
    Abdul160 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Any Cardiovascular exercise. Stomach fat cannot be targeted directly, unfortunately. Although if it did then people would be very disproportionate to the rest of their body. :P It just takes time and a caloric deficit each day; meaning the amount of calories you burn during the day should amount to more than the amount of calories you ingest during the day. Running on a treadmill is very boring, but then again any exercise can be. Try lifting weights to get a variety of exercises in.

Just keep at it and be patient, you'll get there.
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Move more, eat less...and Lift weights to build muscle....Weight loss happens in the kitchen... fitness happens in the gym!! :)
  • noexcuses84
    noexcuses84 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I jump on my treadmill for about 45mins a day 5 days a week plus lifting weights but I noticed my tummy fat just isn't shifting so I introduced these leg lift thingys. u lay down on floor (I lay on bed as it hurts my spine) bring ur legs up put ur hands behind ur head and gently bring ur head up then lower both legs at same time then bring back up in line with ur belly button. I've only been doing 30 a day for the last 10 days but I have already noticed a huge difference! not only have I started to lose inches but I've also noticed my posture is better. hope this helps!
  • noexcuses84
    noexcuses84 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Weight loss happens in the kitchen... fitness happens in the gym!! :)

love this
  • joeysfacts
    joeysfacts Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Losing stomach fat really has nothing to do with a workout. You must reduce calories and the type of calories you put in your body. Breads, sugars, and carbs are terrible for belly weight. Reduce those and you will start to see a reduction in your stomach. To tone the muscle underneath the fat, do push ups, plank work, crunches...etc will help
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options

Yep. 30 minutes is not nearly enough. You cant spot reduce but you can start toning. Add planks, squats, deadlifts to your workoit. Leg raises are also great.

The length of the workout has nothing to do with losing stomach fat.
    -you can't spot reduce
    -to reduce overall fat, you need to eat less than you burn
    - you eat to lose weight and you exercise to get fit
    - 30 min is plenty of cardio but then again it depends on your goal. To lose weight, 0 min of exercise is needed. However, if you don't want to lose too much muscle mass, you need to lift weight.
  • bbbgamer
    bbbgamer Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    you will have to put more effort into that than other things....such as wrting out whole words
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Cardio cardio cardio. With a calorie deficit of course

You don't need to do the cardio, you can't spot reduce. Cardio will help you lose weight faster by creating more a deficit, but in the end it's the caloric deficit that will make you lose weight. There are health benefits to cardio though, as well as lifting weights. I personally do both.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    eat @ dfct
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit. Weight training to ensure more of the weight lost is fat instead of muscle.
  • rosiepott
    rosiepott Posts: 7
    Options
    I love turbo Jam... but , ya, belly fat is mostly diet... I even see this when I eat sugar one day, and the next dat I even look more bloated in the belly...:( Look at sugar intake...
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

The length of the workout has nothing to do with losing stomach fat.
    -you can't spot reduce
    -to reduce overall fat, you need to eat less than you burn
    - you eat to lose weight and you exercise to get fit
    - 30 min is plenty of cardio but then again it depends on your goal. To lose weight, 0 min of exercise is needed. However, if you don't want to lose too much muscle mass, you need to lift weight.

This.

Keep a moderate calorie deficit and apply patience and time. You have 68lbs to your goal. I can guarantee some of those pounds will come from your midsection. You will lose stomach fat, but you can't control when or how much. Just keep going until you get the results you want.

Strength training will help you maintain muscle as you lose - and muscle helps you burn more fat.
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Will power! Exercise your willpower to put the food down.
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Keeping within calorie limits.....Drinking "lots" and even more so of water to keep from retaining water sounds wierd but you gotta drink more water to not retain water. Kettlebells does help some with the stubborn lower stomach stuff. Atleast with toning up in the lower abs.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I love turbo Jam... but , ya, belly fat is mostly diet... I even see this when I eat sugar one day, and the next dat I even look more bloated in the belly...:( Look at sugar intake...

Wait, what? OP is talking about body fat. Whatever changes you think you see in ONE DAY from eating sugar is most certainly not fat.

And her sugar intake, outside of an overall calorie deficit, is completely irrelevant to her issue.
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I only swim, but I swim laps about an hour a day. It's very good for building a solid core.