Help!. Need serious help getting out of rutt!

Options
I was quickly loosing weight a few months ago, as of May I was at my all time most fit ever. A healthy, fit, trim, insanely athletic 147lbs at 5'7" tall. I was happy, healthly, ect..

I recently lost a dear friend to Ovarian cancer, since losing her Ive started to lose myself to depression and along with that came the ungodly unwanted weight gain:(.
Its been hard for me to bounce back, though I know she'd want that of me more than anything...

I have it set in my mind that tomorrow am is going to be my ambitious return to a happy, healthy, athletic lifestyle...but something tells me 5am is going to roll around and im not going to be as enthusiastic:(

What has gotten you motivated during the tough times????
I need all the help/advice/tips I can get!.

Next tuesday Im going to start seeing a counselor to help me get my life back on track, but I need severe help getting my fitness back on track:(

Replies

• mariposadedios
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear about your friend! That definitely would make it tough to try and go about your old routine.

Like you said, I'm sure she would want you to be healthy and maybe remembering like you are will help. To get me up and going in the past I have set an alarm to go off with music that makes me want to get moving (for me techno or rock or something) and that can help. I also know that I can never get myself up and motivated early, so now I work out in the evening after work to de-stress. Plus, I don't like to get up and work out because muscles are colder in the morning so more injuries can happen.

I had gotten down to the 150s (goal 145, I'm 5'8) and got sick myself for about a year and half and gained weight and got into a rut. To get out of my rut I just started with a personal trainer so I would have someone keeping me accountable and getting me back in to the swing of things until I can take back over myself. Do you have a workout buddy or access to a personal trainer as sort to help you get going? Good luck to you, you can do it!
  • keliduggan
    keliduggan Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    what a great idea with the alarm clock!!!!! Thanks soooo much for your tips:)
  • keliduggan
    keliduggan Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    and judging from your photos you look amazing lady!!!! I know youre pushing for 145, but you look INCREDIBLE in the 150s!!!!!! Super trim, lean and athletic!!!
  • mariposadedios
    Options
    thanks, sad to say though, i gained weight since my photos - I think I'd be happy to get back to there even though at that point I was wanting to be smaller. My trainer is kicking my butt so things are changing! :)