Has any of the guys had more luck with girls after

Options
I've lost almost 50 lbs, and i've gotten hit on by more girls in 3 months than i've been my entire life.. I also had a one night stand last weekend, which also isn't something i "used" to do. Any of you guys feeling this?

Replies

• fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    There was a guy I used to work with that acted like he had more confidence after losing weight, and a few of the ladies would flirt with him, but he still had a hard time finding a real relationship because... well.... losing the weight didn't change who he was as a person.

I think everyone has different experiences. I know as a lady, I got hit on a lot more skinny than I did overweight... but I've also been married for almost my entire adult life, so I wasn't sure if it was the ring or my appearance... but as I lose the weight again, I find myself getting more attention in general... not really flirting, but just people wanting to make general conversation.

I'm glad you're having fun. Try to stay safe and protect the body you've worked so hard to achieve. Keep things under wraps if you know what I mean!
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I notice many more women looking at me. Even women with their husbands/ boyfriends will look at me discreetly. At least two women at the gym have come up to me and started conversations with me. At a hotel for a conference for work last October after two days the woman cleaning the room asked how long I was going to be in town, if I needed to be shown around, etc. I'm not sure if it makes a difference (I live in Los Angeles) but a lot of gay Asian guys ask me if I'm married, If I have a gf, etc.
  • AngelHeart1986
    Options
    Have you gentlemen considered that maybe it`s not just the weight, maybe it`s the confidence that comes with it? Confidence is very sexy :)
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Have you gentlemen considered that maybe it`s not just the weight, maybe it`s the confidence that comes with it? Confidence is very sexy :)

I was thinking this also.
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    No
  • pogereilly
    pogereilly Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've lost 53 lbs, and I haven't had a one night stand yet.

Of course, I'm married, and my wife would kill me.
  • SisterhoodoftheShrinkingPants
    Options
    I've lost 53 lbs, and I haven't had a one night stand yet.

Of course, I'm married, and my wife would kill me.

GOOD Boy! *sorry, I feel like this is a mens only forum* lurk lurk
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    I have become invisible and then with weight loss. WOW! noticed. right now I'm invisible and it is actually amusing as the weight comes off how much more attention I'll get.

Even with sales clerks, waiters..people in general don't notice unfit people. then you lose the weight.. and all of a sudden .. they see you. It is wrong..but it is ..the way it is...
  • londonboyben
    londonboyben Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    i'm hoping so :)
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Girl-Checking-Out-Guy-300x199.jpg
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options

I was thinking this also.

Same here
  • TheSwoleMinister_deleted
    Options
    Yup.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Options
    yeah, i have random girls do this to me now.

tumblr_m653cp8iuq1r5uu6qo1_250.gif
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options

IMO, this is what is going on (although I'm sure you're looking great too!
  • DCruz83
    DCruz83 Posts: 99
    Options
    yeah, i have random girls do this to me now.

tumblr_m653cp8iuq1r5uu6qo1_250.gif

That gif still made me laugh as much as the first time I saw it!

But to answer your question, the first time I lost weight I didn't noticed any difference at all but I think it also comes with personality, I'm not very social or very confident and never was, not even in my younger years when I was thinner so I don't particularly expect it to be different this time around. At first that was one of my reasons to lose weight but in the end I'm doing it for myself and if that's a side effect that comes from it, then great for me.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Options
    It definitely has to do with the confidence you portray. Just dont get toooo cocky. lol