Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Brown Lentils

GuillaineC
GuillaineC Posts: 74 Member
edited September 21 in Recipes
Does any one have a good recipe that uses brown lentils?

Replies

• I have made a good soup.
    Lentils with water to cover the lentils then add garlic and salt and peper - in a crock pot, cooked on high til the lentils are about half cooked, the I add chopped carrots and potatoes.
    Just season to taste. Nice to cook in the crock all day. I check the water hourly. I dont like it with too much otherwise it is runny and it does not have that lentil taste. It is better as a thick soup and not a lot of liquid at the end.
  • i put them in soup too. . also i cook them and add them to rice. yummy! and good source of protein
    sry i dont have a specific recipe.
  • futballuvr73
    futballuvr73 Posts: 24 Member
    I make an Italian soup with lentils, brown rice, loads of veggies, crushed tomatoes and herbs. We call it Roto-Rooter soup... Tastes soooo good (especially with a nice glass of cabernet) topped with fresh shredded parmesan. Oh, and did I mention it's 'cleansing'? :tongue: :ohwell:
  • citizenstarr
    citizenstarr Posts: 13 Member
    Lentil burgers and lentil ricotta meatballs from this site are both sooooo good. I just posted this in another thread, people are gonna think I own this site but I swear I don't LOL! I just made a lentil meatball mixture tonight for tomorrow night's dinner. Mmmm they are the best.

http://www.injennieskitchen.com/2010/03/lentil-burgers-crispy-oven-fries.html

http://www.injennieskitchen.com/2010/02/lentil-ricotta-meatballs.html
  • shoebootie
    shoebootie Posts: 4 Member
    I can totally vouch for wendystarr's lentil ricotta meatballs - I LOVED them! Good with pasta, alone, tzatziki sauce (like a falafel) and I even ate them with bbq sauce and liked it. Easy to make too.
  • I make an Italian soup with lentils, brown rice, loads of veggies, crushed tomatoes and herbs. We call it Roto-Rooter soup... Tastes soooo good (especially with a nice glass of cabernet) topped with fresh shredded parmesan. Oh, and did I mention it's 'cleansing'? :tongue: :ohwell:

mmmmm yummo!!

i also add th lentils with basmati rice, loads of garlic and cut cubes of cucumber and tomatoes in olive oil or opt for low fat greek yogurt!!! i don't personally do the greek yogurt any more but the cucumber/tomato salad on top of the lentil rice is soooo refreshing and filling!!!
  • Does any one have a good recipe that uses brown lentils?

Sweet Potato Lentil Stew--http://www.pcrm.org/kickstartHome/celebrity/silverstone/index.cfmotato
    Yum, especially the second day.
  • A little oil your favourite curry powder/paste or Indian spices - lightly fry the spices to get them going add lentils and enough water to cover simmer till soft - blend if you like them smooth - or check indian recipes for daal - garlic/onion possible - garnish with yoghurt
    j
This discussion has been closed.