It's time

Options
lindze123
lindze123 Posts: 16 Member
Good day all. It's time I finally get this weight off and KEEP it off. I've struggled with my weight since I was about 8. By grade 7 I was 160 lbs or so. My parents never ate healthy, we were a family on the run so life consisted of McDonalds for lunch and pizza for supper.

I have been using MFP for a while, but recently I realized that with a 3.5 year old daughter, I NEED to get healthy. So now she's my exercise buddy. We go on walks together, and enjoy each others company, outside.

When I started this recent struggle I was 335 lbs in September 2012. My heaviest in my life. Now I'm under 300, JUST BARELY, (299.4) and I feel like a new person! I have a long way to go to be at a healthier weight, I would LOVE to be 160lbs, but 200 would be FANTASTIC.

I am looking for friends to help me keep motivated and vise-versa.

Replies

• phoo513
    phoo513 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Welcome! We are all here to help you reach your goal!
  • el_joey
    el_joey Posts: 12
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend, sometimes we all need that little kick in gthe behind.
  • Rosegardenia
    Rosegardenia Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    add me if you like - on everyday and try to be motivating! Well done on your success so far.

(edited to add: I need to lose about another 100lbs overall, but I do it in batches of 30lbs on my ticker or it all seems too much...)
  • Victoriarose96
    Options
    Hi, my name it Victoria and im 16Years old... ive always been over weight ... even when i was like 6... always the big girl. So im in thesame boat... i started at 240... im about 227 now because i havent had enough motivation but now its my senior year and i wanna be under 200 by end of summer... im here for you! I need friends for this too!
  • FruitSalad76
    FruitSalad76 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me looking for friends to help with weight loss.
  • lindze123
    lindze123 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone, once I figure out how to add people I will!

Does anyone have any great tasting, low calorie recipes to share?? I'll share the one I've came up with so far in the recipes section.
  • Belligerent_Wombat
    Belligerent_Wombat Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am where you are, only about 20 lbs heavier. Feel free to friend me. El Joey is my husband.

Thanks,
    Heather
    aka La_Maestra
  • clh372
    clh372 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    OK, add me to your list. We all need someone to talk to who has "been there, done that" People who have never sat down with milk and a box of couple (and finished in one sitting) do not under stand how food is a problem for some of us. I have also been worried about my weight since I was a kid, I look back and really don't think I was very heavy but comments from family have been stuck in my head my entire life. "your like a moose in a china shop" "you have no waist" I think I was about a size 12 (which to me is not fat) but when you get comments it does something to your mind. Any way, I have a toddler in my house and need to be able to keep up with her, so started exercising tonight and logged in my food, so far so good!!
  • carlogs619
    carlogs619 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I understand where you are coming from add me, we all need that push.