Greatest Compliment

Options
2»

Replies

• MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    A guy walked up to me in the gym last week and told me he was very impressed by my form.

I tell you that everyday...
  • bio01979
    bio01979 Posts: 313
    Options
    I am just starting my journey with a LONG way to go but yesterday a lifeguard at the pool came up to me as I was STRUGGLING through my 1.5km swim interval/hiit workout and said "Wow you are a really good swimmer! I was watching you yesterday too and you're really fast and your technique is so good!"

made my day after feeling frustrated that I can't jump in and swim 3-5km in an hour training lol
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    I don't know, it's hard to say... I've had some people tell me I was an inspiration to them, which is a huge compliment to know that someone looks up to you and your success. Helps me to realize how far I've come.

My friend told me yesterday that even though I may not be as fit, as strong, or as in shape as any of our other friends, that I have more drive than of them.

But aside from actual fitness oriented stuff... I recently had a friend on here tell me that I was one of the top 3 most beautiful faces he's ever seen and warned me to be careful with my heart because now that I'm losing weight I won't be able to keep guys away. lol. That's basically the summarized version. It was a somewhat complicated conversation but the overall tone was exceptionally sweet. In all fairness he may have been exaggerating about the beauty but I'm going with it anyway. lol
  • mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I don't know, it's hard to say... I've had some people tell me I was an inspiration to them, which is a huge compliment to know that someone looks up to you and your success. Helps me to realize how far I've come.

My friend told me yesterday that even though I may not be as fit, as strong, or as in shape as any of our other friends, that I have more drive than of them.

But aside from actual fitness oriented stuff... I recently had a friend on here tell me that I was one of the top 3 most beautiful faces he's ever seen and warned me to be careful with my heart because now that I'm losing weight I won't be able to keep guys away. lol. That's basically the summarized version. It was a somewhat complicated conversation but the overall tone was exceptionally sweet. In all fairness he may have been exaggerating about the beauty but I'm going with it anyway. lol

You definitely are beautiful so you SHOULD go with it!

He sounds like a sweetheart and I know that must have felt amazing :)
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    This was a year or so ago, before I started losing weight, but he's said it several times; I made some remark to Bear about the "hot 22-year-old" he married 42 years ago, and how much time and life has passed since then, and he said "I still see her".

GUYS, PAY ATTENTION. This is how a 230-lb. bald 64-year-old diabetic with neuropathy, balance problems, and various other diabetic woes, including the obvious one, has a wife who absolutely adores him.
  • mandylgibbs
    mandylgibbs Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    It seems like every time I'm out with people I know they always rat me out for my weight loss. Have you met Mandy? She's lost almost 80 pounds. Haha. I love that.

I've also had so many people tell me how much I inspire them, family and friends and strangers, and that is HUGE. That was one of my main reasons for wanting to lose weight in the first place.

My first visit to a new doctor, I told her about my weight loss and my current fitness/health routine. She was so happy for me, and when she left the room to speak to a nurse, she told her nurses about it. They were so happy for me! That was awesome.
  • deanjou59
    deanjou59 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Great thread!

My greatest compliment was when my husband said "I love being able to wrap my arms all the way around you." My heart melted and I felt so happy. At 411lbs it was impossible for him to fit his arms around me! That has changed :)
  • JustME1611
    JustME1611 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    When me and my husband are in bed at night and he puts his arm around me he says "baby you're so little now i can wrap my arm all the around you!" by no means am i little but it makes me feel good! My mom keeps telling me how proud she is of me and how pretty i look and that i she hasn't seen me look this good in a long time. I'm taking that as a compliment even though it does hurt my feelings a little. but it is true!
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    My favorite compliments are the "how did you do it?" questions. I also love the "are those new pants? Are the old ones too big now?"

Compliments can be either super awesome, or weird. I don't like it when people treat me differently for being skinny, because I was still an awesome person to be around when I was obese. I also don't want anyone gawking at me like I'm hot stuff other than my husband.

However, when folks want to know what I did so they can try to be healthy too, I get a big smile. I also like it when people notice how my life has changed (buying new clothes, signing up for sports, etc.)
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    A very good friend giving me a huge hug and saying, "I'm so proud of you" had me almost in tears. I rarely hear those words.
  • swimmerchick8
    swimmerchick8 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    These are fun!

About a week ago, I was an hour into an 8 mile run when a stranger biked past me & turned his head to tell me "You are fast!" I was a little surprised, because it's a popular path with many faster runners than myself, but it gave me an extra push on my way home. I think of that every time I come to that spot in my route, it makes me feel accomplished & inspired to do better!
  • TLWallperson
    TLWallperson Posts: 125
    Options
    When my children hug me and then say "Mom you really HAVE lost weight".
    Love them.:heart:
  • loosesealbluth
    loosesealbluth Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    One of my good friends is always so nice when commenting about my weight loss, making sure to mention that I've worked really hard for it, that it understandably hasn't been the world's smoothest or easiest process, but that I'm doing very well and it totally shows. I appreciate it when people take the time out to acknowledge that I didn't just wake up 95 pounds lighter, considering I've been working my butt off!
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I first thought it was 'Oh My God! I'm soooo sorry I didn't say hello to you - I didn't recognise you because you've lost sooo much weight! You look great!'.

The it was 'Who is this foxy lady? And she's coming to meet me!' on Friday.

but then, the best of all;

'You're an amazing person and I think you're fantastic and like you a lot, that's why I love spending time with you'

[pause]
    [blush]
    [awkward 'friends just crossed the point of nearly admitting they [i]really[/i] like each other' hug]

'Let's go back inside and have another drink'.
  • rachface1234
    rachface1234 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    bump - this is a lovely thread
  • RomaBella910
    Options
    bump - love this!!
  • mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I love reading these.

I'm going to have to agree that when people want to know what I'm doing, or I motivate them to eat better and workout, when someone tells me I'm inspiration...it makes me so happy and realize I've made a lot of progress.

It pushes me to keep up what I'm doing. Especially knowing I'm doing it the right way. No special pills, cleansing, or fasting here.