Not sore

Options
I am 5'7" and 184 pounds. I have a, recently acquired (5 months), regular exercise routine of walking, either at the park or on the treadmill, for 2-3 miles every day, doing c25k four days a week, crunches (50 a day) and planks (10 for thirty seconds each) 4 days a week, and 50 squats 4 days a week.

The problem is I am NEVER sore. I was a little tender the second day of squats but not now. Should I be sore? Do I need to be sore to reap benefits?

Replies

• grantdumas7
    grantdumas7 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Soreness is not an indicator of a good workout. In-fact it better if you are not sore after a workout.
  • CoachDreesTraining
    CoachDreesTraining Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Try dropping a 45lb plate on your toe...

Our bodies get used to the stress we place on it. I'd recommend dropping the reps and raise the resistance.
  • jran3
    jran3 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm usually sore when I hit a new muscle group, or one for the first time in a while when I change routines, but after the first couple of workouts, I'm not sore.
  • TammyS327
    TammyS327 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm grateful for not having to deal with sore muscles, just worried I may not be getting the benefits of exercising if nothing hurts.
    The lifting begins soon and I am sure that is when I will begin to feel the muscle pains.

Thanks for the replies.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Get some heavier weights and switch up your routine. Your body is getting used to what you're doing.