Hi..My name is Lora and I have a weight problem.

Options
I just wanted to stop and introduce myself. I started on this sight yesterday (8/18/10) and really excited. My sister told me about it and it has encouraged her with all the information that is on here.

Since last November I had lost 50-60 lbs. Of course, at first it was easy to get off but now things have slowed down and that can be hard. After getting on here yesterday, I feel like I'm excited again and almost like starting over. One of the things that I am need a change with is more lowfat, low carb recipes, so if anyone has a good tip on snacks and dinner..please let me know. Good luck, everyone!

Replies

• profjan6
    profjan6 Posts: 333
    Options
    Hi Lora, Welcome. I am on a low carb diet and have some recipes. I am really still experimenting, but have some good ones. Let me know what kind of foods you like and i can send you some of the ideas I have. The low-fat part of eating low carb is tough. That has been a challenge for me!
  • kristybenner
    kristybenner Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi... Kristy... major weight problem :)
    Good luck! I just joined also.. so far everyone has been really welcoming.:happy:
  • RWilliams_Fit
    RWilliams_Fit Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    HI LORA, ha, bad AA joke... lol
    well CONGRATS on your weight loss!!! thats awesome. this site is so good, tons of support and motivation, good luck!!! :)

-Becca
  • sanrog
    sanrog Posts: 68
    Options
    Hi Lora, Welcome - I just joined about 11 days ago and love it. I finally feel like I can do this and stick with it. It is nice to have so much encouragement. Best of luck to you!
  • lemdoulor
    Options
    Thank you for replying (I just realized I had replys). I would be very much interested in any new low carb recipes. Sometimes I get so tired of the same thing...I grill a lot. Again, thank you:)