Starting over for the umpteenth time!!

Options
scronen
scronen Posts: 98 Member
HI...I've been a member for awhile but have fallen off a couple times. After weighing myself for the first time in months and realizing I'm the HEAVIEST I've ever been, it really put me in a bad mood. So I'm back...and this time, it has to work. I can't keep going in this cycle. I'm 32 and at the moment weigh 240 lbs.

I need help!!! I need friends to push me!!!

~~Steph

Replies

• cmykinky
    cmykinky Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi Steph, you can add me, I'd love to motivate you and vice versa!

-Joanne
  • laynie878
    laynie878 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi Steph,

Feel free to add me. I am in the same boat as you--back after a break and 10 lbs heavier than last time. Would love some more supportive friends!

Layne
  • jojobean4support
    jojobean4support Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Steph,

I know exactly how your feel and really trying to make a commitment. Let's support and encourage each other.

Joanne (that makes two Joannes in your support team!)
  • Caitu13
    Caitu13 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Well I friend requested you! Its great to know and hear someone else say that they've done this a thousand times and fall off but get back on! I've also done that, and it'll be nice to have someone who will admit it to talk to!
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Ready set go lets do this! I am 10 pounds more than you and I have already lost around 35 :)

Anyone feel free to add me
  • susanhiding
    susanhiding Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    That is where I was two weeks ago. So far so good for me! Let's do this!

Request sent, but anyone else can add me as well!
  • kittycatmeowmeow
    kittycatmeowmeow Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi!!

I cant tell you how many times I have started and not lost a kilo, but then I turned 27 and realised I dont want to spend the rest of my life fat and since then I have lost 4.5kgs in about 2 months - not super fast, but its really exciting seeing the small numbers adding up.

Feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • JEG2012
    JEG2012 Posts: 158
    Options
    I onced weighed 240 too, its sucks. You can get to your goal, add me if you like and I'll support/encourage however I can.
  • AB4u
    AB4u Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Me too! I am at my heaviest now as well, 174 lbs!

We can do this!
  • carriecampbell3158
    Options
    Me too! I can't cheat and keep using photos of me a bit lighter. :) Having someone hold you accountable...or just be there when you need motivation is the way to go!
  • Kindone
    Kindone Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I am in the exact same boat. I am back yet again... this time since March... and still battling for every pound unsure how to make this successful. Like you, I am not willing to fail and give up so I keep on and hope I can figure out what it is I need to do to get where I want to be. Feel free to add me.
  • IzzyM210
    IzzyM210 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Been there too...feel free to add me, people :-) you can do this!!
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    "If you're tired of starting over, stop giving up!"

I've been there and done it...the yo yo dieting and lackluster exercise schedule, etc. Now it's all about no nonsense and GETTING OVER the bad days. This is not an all or nothing approach. This is slow, healthy weight loss. We all have to accept that and keep pushing! :)

The quote I'm holding onto right now is: "Just because you don't see results doesn't mean you have a reason to stop."

Feel free to add me.
  • amonieg
    amonieg Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    We're all in the same boat! The highest I know (could have been higher) I've ever been was 238 lbs no more, "diets" for me. I'm on a lifetime journey! Feel free to add me I'm always looking for support and love to support others!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,668 Member
    Options
    HI...I've been a member for awhile but have fallen off a couple times. After weighing myself for the first time in months and realizing I'm the HEAVIEST I've ever been, it really put me in a bad mood. So I'm back...and this time, it has to work. I can't keep going in this cycle. I'm 32 and at the moment weigh 240 lbs.

I need help!!! I need friends to push me!!!

~~Steph
    Tough love here. You need to push yourself. Until you commit to doing it, it's just another short ride. Not trying to discourage you, but trying to get you to really think about how much you really want this. Because if you go in half hearted, your going to get half hearted results.
    No fear.......no excuses........no way you fail.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • yoyofatigued
    yoyofatigued Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Steph, you can add me.
    I am new to MFP, but not new to weight-loss attempts. I am looking for others are committed and willing to reach out to offer/receive support.
    Losing weight is hard. Support helps.
  • danni766
    danni766 Posts: 23
    Options
    Same here! I NEED to lose this weight for me. Anyone, feel free to add me!
  • SusanT66
    SusanT66 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Steph

I have lost weight over and over and always regained it ending up heavier each time.

This time however I am determined!

Good luck to you! :-)
  • tiffbiz
    tiffbiz Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Steph, Been there done that! I added you :)
  • gotalosew8
    Options
    Hi everyone, Im new here, but love how everything's going so far.
    Just want to say if you're wondering why i have a photo of Kim Kardashian as my profile, it's because she is my inspiration to get in shape, however not worry about my big butt...hehe.. as I am often or more like regularly teased about being a whale and having a huge massive behind... so that is the reason why I have her as my profile, I will however, put my own pic on when I lose weight and am more secure with how I look. Although, I do have light skin and dark hair, but I am a Cook Islander.. Thank you.. Oh and can someone please add me as well.lolz i need friends!! Thank you..