No motivation in real-life, lookin' for MFP friends

Options
Hey guys... I don't have much support at home, I'm told to "stop complaining" when I feel discouraged about my weight loss, and my friends tend to tease and tempt me to eat junk food. It's a huge bummer, but y'all are very supportive on here so I figure, if I can't get the support I need (I'm a very unsure person, I need support .__. ) in real life, I could at least get it here!

Replies

• st0dad
    st0dad Posts: 23
    Options
    Err... I meant "support" in the topic, not "motivation" @_@;; Freudian slip!
  • FretheMJsmokingcannibal
    Options
    It's cool. If you need to talk about any weight loss trouble. You can message me.
  • TM2794
    TM2794 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that! I deal with that from time to time. I will definitely support you. :)
  • Rosytakesoff
    Rosytakesoff Posts: 321
    Options
    Add me:-)
  • Kassidi21
    Kassidi21 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    If you'd like you can add me! I'm definitely looking for some support, just looking at the success stories is a good motivation! =) Plus I'm just starting out (again...ugh!)
  • krissyboothang
    krissyboothang Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Add me,, all my friends are either comfortably fat,,or have tate worms in their belly
  • TheMMan
    TheMMan Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I get the same thing. Nobody at home tends to take me serious although I dropped 10 before my mini-vacation. Time to get back on track for my big HS reunion. Feel free to add me.
  • MandyBFit
    MandyBFit Posts: 5
    Options
    you can add me too! I'm looking for support as well. It's nice to be reminded of your goals and told you've done a good job when progress is logged.
  • pe4sandra
    pe4sandra Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    It isn't easy to lose weight when family and friends aren't very supportive. My family doesn't understand how hard it is to stay strong when they're enjoying the foods I'm trying to avoid right in front of my face. BUT, I realize they're not interested in making healthy choices...I am! So, I work through those moments and figure it out.
    I noticed how uncomfortable everyone would get when I mentioned counting calories or how amazing my workouts were, so I just stopped bringing them up. I have lost 40 pounds since January and I owe it all to MFP. It helps to share information with others who have similar goals. Feel free to add me if you like. :tongue:
  • Winston1717
    Winston1717 Posts: 184
    Options
    That's no good!! Sorry to hear about the lack of support! Lost 50 myself. Feel free to add. Good luck!!!!
  • londonboyben
    londonboyben Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    sorry to hear your not getting the support you want in real life,
    i understand it as i am basically doing this on my own too, although in a strange way i think it kind of takes a bit of pressure off knowing people are not watching me expecting improvements and results

i hope you get all the support you need on here, i have no doubt you will,
    and just get through the initial negative stuff with your friends and i am sure when they see how committed and determined you are they will stop teasing and the other things and begin supporting you too,

best of luck, you can do it :)
  • EllieLarson
    Options
    Sorry to hear that you do not have the support you deserve. I have support & its hard for me, even with it. I hope that you can find strength within yourself because you deserve it. You deserve to be healthy & happy. Keep your chin up. We want you to succeed! I am giving you a big air hug. Good Luck!
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
  • yoyofatigued
    yoyofatigued Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I just joined today as well and for some similar reasons. You can add me, I'd love the support as well.
  • KeepCalmNGetyaSweatOn
    KeepCalmNGetyaSweatOn Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    You can add me too if you would like! I'm always on and very supportive :)
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well.
  • sugarplum1975
    sugarplum1975 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. There can't be too much motivation and support in our journeys.
  • Brandy1775
    Brandy1775 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm sorry you are dealing with no support! I have somewhat of the oposite reaction-everyone wants to support me at first but then they don't understand and think I'm obsessed with fitness. Good luck with your goals!
  • 123tryingtobefree
    Options
    Add me
    I am fighting alone here too ^^
    But I found support here in MFP
  • maryrosenavoa
    maryrosenavoa Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Everyone may add me:_)