Water Consumption

Options
I am not a big drinker of anything to begin with, but with starting to live a healthier life style and trying to lose weight my question is Will not drinking enough water hinder me trying to lose weight?

Replies

• melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    it s not gonna hinder it
    but for many reasons you still want to try and drink water
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Better start drinking the water. It can keep you from losing as much as you would if you were hydrated. You might still lose though. Aren't you thirsty? What do you do when you work out?
  • muppetfan13
    muppetfan13 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Try flavoring it with teas, lemon/lime juice, or even Crystal Light. That's how I trained myself to drink water: Crystal Light or Mio. Now I drink nearly 150 oz a day now.

The water really helps you flush out excess sodium, etc. It's worth it. Good luck!
  • xmasgrace
    xmasgrace Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I do drink water while working out... like one bottle. I also drink crystal light but didn't know if that counts as water.... lol
  • jennyann117
    jennyann117 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I was never a water fan, but now I CRAVE it. I mean, all the time. I do have a diet coke every morning, but water for the rest of the day. It definitely helps with weight loss.
  • Longisland2NC
    Longisland2NC Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I am the same way.....Not a big water drinker, but I am trying!!!!
  • alfiedn
    alfiedn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I forget to drink all the time. Lately I've been carrying a water bottle around with me EVERYWHERE. Mostly because our cat likes to knock over my water glass! LOL!

Anyways, it's definitely helped and after a couple weeks of drinking more, I notice a difference in how I feel and find myself to be thirstier if I am not drinking as much. I do still have trouble staying fully hydrated.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    yes, lack of water will hinder your goals.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I'd be more worried about dehydration and health issues than weight loss.

Also, even a slight amount of dehydration can affect exercise performance.
  • DCruz83
    DCruz83 Posts: 99
    Options
    Lack of water will most definitely hinder weight loss because for one, nearly any alternative has calories, unless you have teas but then not all tea is equally healthy. And two, well you always need hydration plus being thirsty makes you believe you're hungry and you'll be more tempted to eat when in fact your body simply wanted water.