Heart Monitor

Options
I am currently doing Insanity and I need a heart monitor to check my heart rate and calculate calories burned but I don't which brand will be better . Any recommendations:-)

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Polar is a highly recommended brand.

I personally have a cheap Pyle Sports, because I'm on a tight budget. I might eventually get a better one though.
  • donnaleighh
    donnaleighh Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hi have a Polar F7 and find it great!
  • iWillGetCrowSomeday
    iWillGetCrowSomeday Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I just bought the Polar FT4 and I'm in love! Tracks my HR and keeps me in zone, tells me how long I spent in zone, and converts HR to calories burned based on my age, height, and weight. The chest strap is super comfy and you'll never know it's there!
  • Johanne1957
    Johanne1957 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Polar...I have had mine for 12 years and it's still working fine...it was waaaaaay expensive back then as a novelty I guess but every worth penny!

I know a few people that have one and are very happy with theirs.....
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I just bought the Polar FT4 and I'm in love! Tracks my HR and keeps me in zone, tells me how long I spent in zone, and converts HR to calories burned based on my age, height, and weight. The chest strap is super comfy and you'll never know it's there!

I have the same one and I agree with every point made here. I paid about $60ish on Amazon for mine w/ free shipping.
  • MarkyMark_
    MarkyMark_ Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I have a Polar Wearlink + Bluetooth which I bought because it works with my Galaxy S3. I use the Digifit android app and it works great. A note of caution if you use an iphone 4 or 5, you will need a Polar H7 Wearlink, as always it would be best to check out their website. Using a HRM gives you so much more information and I couldn't think about not using one now, good luck on your weight loss journey.
  • Kash4Life
    Kash4Life Posts: 48
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your help .I am getting the Polar :-)