Crazy calorie thing

Options
Okay, I know that's an ambiguous title, but it is a crazy calorie thing.
When i start my day I have 1460 calories to work with. If I don't do any cardio, I tend to go over the 1460 and find myself hungry all the time and struggling to stay even close to my range. (I give myself 100 calorie wiggle room on either side)
Now, here's the crazy part. This past week I have burned over 400 (in some cases over 700 calories) in a day putting my total calories at about 2000 calories that I can heat. But here's the nutty part...I don't want to eat them. I'm not nearly as hungry on these days and I tend to be closer to the 1400 total calorie mark without a problem!

Although..I do have to admit that I may have a drink or two at night that I am not logging, so there's a couple extra hundred calories, but still seems crazy to me. logic would have you believe that on more active days I'd be wicked hungry!

Replies

• princesslmc2
    princesslmc2 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing!! Today, I burned just over 500 calories... and according to this website, I still 449 calories to eat for the day. But I'm not hungry. Perhaps if I feel the need to snack on something light later, I might. But otherwise, I'm not going to force myself to eat it all. LOL
  • bbombard
    bbombard Posts: 17
    Options
    I have found that exercise really reduces my desire to eat. It is like ...."I just spent all this effort exercising and I dont want to waste it on that potato chip". I also found out that drinking soda (diet or regular) actually made me hungry. So now when I start to feel hungy I guzzle some water :-)

Good luck!
  • xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    This happens to me all the time! I'm at the point in my program that I'm burning a significant number of calories each workout, but I end up being under by 400 or so on those days because the exercise suppresses my appetite that much. It's kind of unfair, but I've started to "group" my days into two or three-day periods so I can use the exercise cals when I'm actually hungry rather than eating when I don't want to or not eating when I want to eat.
  • FunkBunny
    FunkBunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I've started to "group" my days into two or three-day periods so I can use the exercise cals when I'm actually hungry rather than eating when I don't want to or not eating when I want to eat.

That is a great idea!!
  • recipe4success
    recipe4success Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Right now I exercise every second day, most of the time. Whenever I have my off day, I tend to be more hungry! Like today, I feel very hungry. It is strange but i figure it is my body recovering after the workout :)
  • Kushiel32
    Options
    Wow I also noticed the same thing but the next day I am hungry enough to eat a horse I really like the idea of grouping the days together so that i can eat when i am hungry.

Thanks this is awesome
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Okay, I know that's an ambiguous title, but it is a crazy calorie thing.
    When i start my day I have 1460 calories to work with. If I don't do any cardio, I tend to go over the 1460 and find myself hungry all the time and struggling to stay even close to my range. (I give myself 100 calorie wiggle room on either side)
    Now, here's the crazy part. This past week I have burned over 400 (in some cases over 700 calories) in a day putting my total calories at about 2000 calories that I can heat. But here's the nutty part...I don't want to eat them. I'm not nearly as hungry on these days and I tend to be closer to the 1400 total calorie mark without a problem!

Although..I do have to admit that I may have a drink or two at night that I am not logging, so there's a couple extra hundred calories, but still seems crazy to me. logic would have you believe that on more active days I'd be wicked hungry!

Exercise stifles hunger, hence why you are not so hungry on exercise days.

I have often felt hungry but exercised on the treadmill first. Once finished, I am no longer hungry.

It's the exercise that does it x
  • FunkBunny
    FunkBunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I've been hitting the elliptical every day for 30 minutes for the past 4 days or so...Maybe I should take a day off tomorrow so I can get my appetite back! :)