im active, a fixed gear cyclist, average 60 miles a week
mfp tells me im supposed to eat 2400 cals a day

any idea?

Replies

• happydispatcher
    happydispatcher Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

This is the site I used to figure mine out. It has tons of information on it. Good Luck!!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    been using this app for a few weeks but not seeing results
    having a hard time finding my real TDDE/BMR
    im active, a fixed gear cyclist, average 60 miles a week
    mfp tells me im supposed to eat 2400 cals a day

any idea?

MFP does what you tell it to. What is your height, weight, age and goal?
  • lenamae23
    lenamae23 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I would calculate your bmr using no exercise. When you do exercise, log it and eat back half or all of your exercise calories.
  • richardcote130
    Options
    This has worked for me, I do the guyit thing. Says if I eat 1400 calories a day I will loose 1 pound a week. So I burn an extra 800-1300 calories doing exercise and that way I can have a descent meal throughout the day and maybe a beer or two. Has worked for me, lost 25-30 pounds since 1 April.
  • RobP1192
    RobP1192 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    A few weeks... nothing happens overnight... over a week... over a month. Time is precious, but we have plenty of it. Use it to your advantage, along with your ability to track and record progress. Trial and error, figure out what works for you. But never give up.
  • EllieLarson
    Options
    Don't have any answers for you. Just wanted to tell you not to give up. You will figure it out. Keep trying ... that's all we can do!
  • SarahSmilesCA
    SarahSmilesCA Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I would calculate your bmr using no exercise. When you do exercise, log it and eat back half or all of your exercise calories.

This is fairly close to what I do. But with a bit of a twist. I put in the BMR of where I WANT to be, then eat back half my exercise calories. It usually is somewhere between 1600-1900 cals when I am working out, which is almost every day. I spin and swim almost every day and do strength training 3x a week. I spin about as many miles a week as you do, sometimes a little more or less depending on if I am building speed or strength (gear resistance)

Your challenge is you are in good cardio shape so your body has adjusted and you have to work harder to get into the fat burning zone. Try strength training and add a couple lbs of muscle to help yourself. I know it sounds counter productive to gain, but gaining muscle has really help me burn fat, it just means I lose slower which is ok. I lose about 4-6 lbs a month but I am gaining a lb of muscle nearly every 5 weeks...

Check out the intermittent fasting board for more ideas... You might need to cycle calories and macros and get creative with how you eat until your body gets out of its plateau. Give yourself two full months before seeing results. The first month I barely noticed any change, then the second month I added strength training and intermittent fasting and now I am a little scared at my results, because I am not sure how I am losing weight eating as much as I do.
  • 1stplace4health
    1stplace4health Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

This is the site I used to figure mine out. It has tons of information on it. Good Luck!!

Love that site! Thank you.