Does 29 Pounds Lost Constitute a Success?

Options
My friend, Stu in Tokyo, prompted me to download the app and start tracking my food intake. I started about 6 weeks ago and set my daily caloric intake at 2100 then changed it to 1800 a few weeks in. I didn't weigh when I started but I'm confident that I was few pounds North of 290. Today, I stepped on bathroom scales and got a reading of 261 pounds. If that reading can be trusted, I've dropped 29 pounds from the 290 I entered when I set up the app.

Since I didn't weigh at the start, I can't really call this an official loss, but my clothes are telling me that I'm a lot smaller.

Replies

• mysi019
    mysi019 Posts: 55
    Options
    Yes, congrats keep it up!!!!
  • Lauris83
    Lauris83 Posts: 58
    Options
    heck yes, loose clothing definitely constitutes a success haha
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Awesome!! That is a great sucess!!
  • eastcoaster
    Options
    Yes! That is success! Congrats!!!
  • rebel14
    rebel14 Posts: 33
    Options
    YES !!!!!!! BOB !!!! are you yanking my chain, great job, keep the ball rolling !!!!! Major success !!!
  • mocosa74
    mocosa74 Posts: 42
    Options
    Any loss is success!!! Think of it in turms of..I dont know...6 5 lb bags of flour or something!!! HUGE success!!! Congrats many times over.
  • StuAblett
    StuAblett Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    Alright Bob, way to go!

A lot less of you to sweat in the heat you get in summer eh?

Whoo Hoo! :drinker:
  • jbisme
    jbisme Posts: 16
    Options
    Twenty nine pounds or 2 pounds constitutes a success because you're however many pounds lighter and that's the goal.
    Keep up the good work. I am really feeling encouraged.

Thanks
  • 1QueenB
    1QueenB Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    That is definately a success!!!!! Congratulations and keep up the good work!
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Heck yes, Sucess. All of the big losers had to lose 29 lbs first!!!!!!
  • gnrshelton
    gnrshelton Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the big success. Keep up the good work.
  • st27
    st27 Posts: 101
    Options
    Congrats. That the way to do it !! Keep it up. Good work.
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    It's a success if you think it is (I know I'd be feeling fairly successful.... not finished, but perhaps giddy!)
  • whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Of course that constitutes a success, are you kidding??? I count one pound as a success. Small changes will turn into big ones when you do them long enough.

Great job! Keep going!
  • rnjen333
    Options
    Any weight loss is a HUGE success!!!

Congrats!!:bigsmile:
  • Joyjmb
    Joyjmb Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    It's like you had 4 seven lb. quads!!!!

On your next workout, pick up a 30 lb barbell and carry it around with you while you work out.
    That's what you did!

WTG!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!