Need some nutritional snack ideas to bring to work?

Options
I would like have some ideas for snacks to take to work. I've been bringing fresh fruit and veggies. Any other ideas would be appreciated!

Replies

• lj8576
    lj8576 Posts: 156
    Options
    am trying to make a cucumber and tomato salad recipe tomorrow for the first time
  • Mdcgc
    Mdcgc Posts: 28
    Options
    I bring special k bars
  • Kingeight
    Kingeight Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Boiled eggs, hummus to dip some veggies in, lavash rollups filled with whatever you like, mixed nuts, idk if you eat rice but there are thousands of ideas for bento boxes on the internet, the list is endless.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I weigh out mixed nuts, or dried cherries/cranberries, or munchy seeds (flvoured seed mix) into tiny tupperware. Have to weigh them or I'd eat the lot :ohwell: Also love Dorset cereals bars - not particularly low in calories but delicious and filling so stop me looking for something else.
  • xampx
    xampx Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Agree with boiled eggs, also Graze boxes, mini packets of sliced sandwich ham or chicken, nuts. Basically, protein to keep you feeling full
  • JessicaJoanJarvis
    JessicaJoanJarvis Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I eat packets of rocket / baby leaf salad instead of crisps.

When I need a sugar / chocolate fix, I reach for a tunnocks teacake (109 cals)

Or I'll have a cadburys instant hot chocolate (40 cals)

A milky coffee (skimmed milk and sweetners) always keeps me going for another hour.

You could boil eggs and have that with tomato?

Or even cook up some chicken / turkey (100 grams is about 104 cals) and have that as a snack, this will fill you up.

Quakers oats sachet, with water (98 cals) is really filling too.
  • sarahlilly85
    Options
    How's about -

Hard boiled egg with raw veggie crudities and/or follow with a piece of fruit.

Natural yogurt topped with strawberries, raspberries or blueberries.

Celery sticks spread with low fat soft cheese (garlic and herb is nice if you dont mind breathing garlic on your colleagues!)

Small portion cheddar (I buy 20g pre-packaged sticks) with apple slices.

Layer fillings of your choice (Ham, chicken, egg, peppers, cucumber, tomato, low fat cheese) onto a large lettuce leaf and then roll up.
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    rice cakes, whole grain crackers

small packs of hummus, small cans of easy-open tuna, hard boiled eggs (if your co workers don't mind!), sliced chicken/turkey breast (Homemade), natural peanut butter, yogurt, cottage cheese, yellow cheese (sliced/cubes/string cheese), low fat feta cheese
  • sdonovan4
    sdonovan4 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    smart balance mini bag popcorn
  • JankaLee
    JankaLee Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Most days my work snacks will consist of: cottage cheese and fresh salsa, 1 oz almonds, and a fruit (generally whatever is on sale that week at the grocery store). Other not so consistent choices for me are: a pouch of water packed tuna, edaname, chicken and veggies, a box of chocolate milk (like the little juice boxes..taste is a little off but I don't mind), dark chocolate. I try to stay away from things like fiber one bars, granola bars, Clif bars etc etc.
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Baby carrots and Bolthouse Farms Caesar Parm dressing for dipping is a daily staple for me. I keep saying that I am going to try their other flavors like Ranch but I never do. Love that stuff! 2tbls dressing + carrots 75 cal

Also PopChips that I count into zip lock bags. 10 chips 60 cal
  • jamiecrick3582
    jamiecrick3582 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    am trying to make a cucumber and tomato salad recipe tomorrow for the first time

I make a really good one on a regular basis -

1 medium cucumber
    1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
    1/4 cup crumbled feta
    red wine vinegar and Cavender's seasoning to taste

Let sit in the fridge for an hour or two and you're ready to go!
  • dawnallison35
    Options
    This was all a great help! I do homecare so I can have most any thing right now. It's during the night so gets abit boring. These ideas will help a lot. Portion control and lotsa water. Thank you so much ya' all!
  • dawnallison35
    Options
    I am not familiar with this seasoning. Where did you find it please? This is for Jamie
  • dawnallison35
    Options
    SDONAVAN4....When I am home I put less than a 1/4 cup of popcorn in a microwave bowl by itself and put a plate on top and microwave for 2 mins 30 secs or more. Listen for popping to slow down. This has hardly any calories. Love it!
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    mini babybel cheese light 48 cals 5grams of protein
  • Mariposa_Lily
    Mariposa_Lily Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Make your own snack mix since pre-mixed ones tend to have a lot of fat. I like to mix raw pepitos (green pumpkin seeds), lightly salted roasted soy nuts, sunflower seeds and wasabi peas (for spice). Figure out the serving size/calories you want and either take a baggie of it each day, OR keep a tin, a measuring cup, and a little bowl in your office or locker. I used to keep a tin of that and a tin of tamarind almonds in my office. They key is to measure out and put in the bowl so you can eat it slowly and savor it. It's dangerous to just leave the tin out and snack!
  • jamiecrick3582
    jamiecrick3582 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am not familiar with this seasoning. Where did you find it please? This is for Jamie

It's a greek seasoning in a yellow can. I get it at Kroger or Publix, but I've seen it pretty much everywhere. I think it's just salt, pepper, oregano and garlic :)
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    cheese sticks
    cottage cheese singles
    yogurt
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    My morning snack is some kind of greek yogurt and some granola to mix in, unless I get a YOPA that already comes with a mix-in.

My afternoon snack is fruit and a cheese stick. The fruit is typically different from day to day but if we've gone apple picking or something then I might have the same fruit for a few days or a coupe weeks depending on our haul.