Coffee or Tea

Keisha79
Keisha79 Posts: 63
edited September 21 in Chit-Chat
I'm a huge coffee drinker. Quick Chek has my favorite. Everyday I get a Vanilla Creme and Extreme Caffeine with French Vanilla creamer... Hmmm hmmm good.

Replies

• brittonymiller
    brittonymiller Posts: 2,061 Member
    I love drinking coffee. I use a pack of splenda and a tablespoon or two of sugar free french vanilla coffeemate creamer. It's really good and ends up being between 30 and 40 calories. I have been telling myself that I should switch over to tea, but I just can't seem to make myself. I love having hot tea in the winter months, so maybe it can just wait until then :)
  • One of my many weaknesses is Tazo chai lattes from Starbucks. But! Getting them with skim milk is a great way to get my fix without making my poor arteries cry out in anguish. I've been doing that for a couple of years now, and it's soooooo much less of a guilty feeling afterward!
  • lucifa73
    lucifa73 Posts: 110
    Have gone from 8-6 teas daily to 2 or 3 and planning on cutting out completely from tomorrow (cos my stash at work will be finished)

I now treat myself to a non-fat hot chocolate after my morning workouts instead of a protein or carb recovery drink.
  • Rugbychick16
    Rugbychick16 Posts: 183 Member
    I just really do love coffee. Maybe more then a person should, but I'm okay with that! I got one of those tasimo coffee pots for Christmas, and it's waaaay to easy to make myself a cup at any given time. And coffee when I'm camping???? Probably the greatest....all with splenda and light cream (*note: I know splenda isn't great. I'm a big girl and I enjoy it. Thank you*) So good! :drinker:
  • Keisha79
    Keisha79 Posts: 63
    I love drinking coffee. I use a pack of splenda and a tablespoon or two of sugar free french vanilla coffeemate creamer. It's really good and ends up being between 30 and 40 calories. I have been telling myself that I should switch over to tea, but I just can't seem to make myself. I love having hot tea in the winter months, so maybe it can just wait until then :)

I'm a splenda girl.. But I use like 18 packs.. Trying to cut back.
  • Kazren
    Kazren Posts: 88
    There is nothing better than a skinny latte with a sugar free hazlenut shot from starbuck! the 20floz venti is only 190kcal, well i say only the full fat with standard shot is pushing up 400! its my treat once a week, i dont drink many hot drinks i am more a juice girl.
  • CarolynnW
    CarolynnW Posts: 35 Member
    I love to drink King's Series green tea #103...hot in the cooler months and cold in the summer. I add stevia and lemon to my iced tea!
  • VAbreeze
    VAbreeze Posts: 19
    I drink coffee in the morning to help "open my head up" ... otherwise, I sound "nasal". Planning to stop the coffee & start decaf (Luzianne) hot tea. I'd suggest getting a container of Agave. It's a syrup that you sweeten with. I introduced it to my daughter & SHE LOVES IT!
    Coffee (caffeine), creamer/whipped cream (dairy) & artificial sweeteners are inflammatory foods. Probably doesn't taste as good when you remove any of it, but maybe try to adjust one item at a time. I LOVE the Java Chip Frapacianos at Starbucks but I stay away from them cuz they're 500+ calories, not to mention the no-no's. :/
  • ♥jewelchristian♥
    ♥jewelchristian♥ Posts: 3,666 Member
    I think I'm lucky here. I buy tins of Tim Hortons coffee and make it myself at home. I have one cup a day with maybe two tablespoons of real cream (18%). I don't like my coffee or tea sweet at all. So yummy and it gets me going in the mornings. I have never had Agave, where do you buy it?:drinker:
  • melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Both! Coffee in the morning with 1 splenda, 1tbsp fat free or sugar free vanilla creamer. And, herbal tea at night with a little honey! I used to love sweet tea, but since we've moved to Ohio I find it impossible to get a decent glass. Oh how I miss living in the south!
  • I say Tea because it's better for you
  • its actually a necter and it is amazing... tastes better than splenda (artificially sweet) and even better than sugar.... i add it to my oat meal (original) in the morning and it tastes just like the instant brown sugar kind.... and yes mom i do Love it... and when i add it to my tea (herbal tea= caf. free) it tastes just like mcy d's if i put a bit in there and cool the tea in the fridge (bc i hate hot tea) ... anyway its great stuff and better for you (other than it being a bit high in the glycemic index) but still better for you than artificial sugars and tastes more like sugar than most artificial sweetners do!! You really gotta try it! I had to stop eating alot of stuff Including sugar and artificial sweetners and thanks to my mom this stuff just helps my food world go round :happy: Thanks Mom
This discussion has been closed.