Asparagus spicing ideas please!!!!

Options
Dr_Gains
Dr_Gains Posts: 81 Member
I love this stuff and need new spicing ideas to mix it up a bit. just been using the basic mrs dash garlic and herbs.

Replies

• Kingeight
    Kingeight Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Fire salt roasted asparagus

coat asparagus with a little olive oil and season with fire salt then roast them in a 400 degree oven till they are done to your liking (roughly 20 minutes give or take)

side note, I get all my spices from www.myspicesage.com. They are reasonably priced and always fresh, unlike the stuff you get from the store. If anything give the website a look and see what kind of seasonings you could put on your asparagus and build from there.
  • AndorZensko
    AndorZensko Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    olive oil with salt and roast in oven

or put it in a quiche
  • ECTexan
    ECTexan Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I like mine with a little Molly McButter
  • Lind140
    Lind140 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Lightly spray asparagus with cooking spray, I use Pam
    Toss on plate to get spray evenly coated, spread on baking
    sheet and sprinkle reduced sodium Mccormicks season salt
    garlic powder and black pepper. Or substitute the season salt
    with red pepper flakes.
    bake at 400 for about 20 mintes or til desired texture.
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I love asparagus as well. My favorite way is roasted until crispy with just a bit of sea salt. I also like it with a balsamic reduction or with some fresh shredded asiago cheese. When i feel like cheating a bit i love wrapping it in a bit of proscuitto and baking it :)
  • maisid
    maisid Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I live in a huge Asparagus area, so we eat it ALL THE TIME.

Here we spice it with:

parsley
    fry it with a little lavender
    never forget lemon and a little sugar in the boiling water
    Most people eat it with a little butter and boiled ham

I am all for trying all sorts of different herbs and spices and eventually you will find something you totally like. :D
  • jakkisr
    jakkisr Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    3 stems wrapped in a rasher of bacon and roasted in the oven for 12 minutes

lightly steamed then tossed in with a can of cooked butter beans with lemon juice and black pepper

lightly steamed, sprinkled with a little dill, sea salt flakes and a dab of butter
  • MsStang02
    MsStang02 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Toss with a tad bit of olive oil, season with a bit of salt and pepper, lay it out on a baking sheet sprinkle with Parm Cheese and broil at 400 degrees for about 8-10 min.
    Perfecto :drinker:
  • amengel
    amengel Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    spritz of olive oil, add Montreal steak seasoning (spicy , regular, or chicken) Grill or bake as desired.
  • CassandraChloeJ
    CassandraChloeJ Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I like to steam mine then drizzle a little dijon mustard on them.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I use a little sea salt, some black pepper, and a LOT of lemon juice.
  • donnaleighh
    donnaleighh Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Stir fried with a tad of Black Bean sauce.

This one works a treat!! And you don't need to use oil unless you really want too!! http://www.food.com/recipe/asparagus-black-bean-sauce-stir-fry-367657
  • marhod5
    marhod5 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I like my asparagus with Lemon Pepper Mrs. Dash or dijon mustard.
  • aszwarc
    aszwarc Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I saute it in a pan with a little Greek salad dressing, no additional oil needed because there's oil in the dressing already. It ends up a little garlicky, lemony, herby. yum
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I mix a bit of butter, crushed garlic and fresh black pepper then roast on grill or in oven.
  • JimDandy4
    JimDandy4 Posts: 19
    Options
    coconut oil and a tiny pinch of salt.
  • LMW1015
    LMW1015 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    We love asparagus! We drizzle olive oil on it then sprinkle Cavendar's Greek Seasoning on it. Then we grill or broil it. DELISH!
  • ryno2020
    ryno2020 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just add a dash if Himalayan Salt and Grill it! Maybe brush it with a very small amount of Olive Oil (<1tsp)= Deliciousness!!
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    olive oil and garlic powder, roast in foil on the bbq, add crumbled goat cheese and balsamic glaze after pulling off the grill. You're welcome :)
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    a bit of olive oil, kosher salt & pepper, roast at 400 till desired doneness, and right after you pull them out of the oven, top them with some grated parmesan cheese. the cheese melts perfectly, which of course makes it addicting.