Legs, butt, thighs

Options
Hi all

I'm hoping to tone my legs, butt and thighs. I realise I can't spot reduce, but I understand there are exercises I can do which can certainly focus on toning certain areas.

At the moment I am doing a combination of cardio (5x a week) and weights ( 3 x per week). For cardio, I run approx 7.5 km at a slow/ moderate speed. I run outdoors so don't do any weights. On the other days, I do interval training on the treadmill for 3 sessions of 10 minutes and alternate with weights in between. For weights, I do 3 x 10 reps on the leg press (50 kgs). Then I do squats and lunges using a 15 kg weight (2 x 15 reps).

Will this help me slim down and tone my legs, butt and thighs?

In terms of food intake, I eat approx 1000 to 1200 calories per day and I have 1 (sometimes 2 but not often) cheat days per week.

Replies

• Christina9388
    Options
    I noticed the most difference in my butt and thighs with a combination of squats, lunges, and deadlifts. Here is a good link for deadlifts with dumbbells. Good luck!

http://www.prevention.com/fitness/fitness-tips/how-do-deadlift-dumbbells
  • RM10003
    RM10003 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Not sure what kind of calorie intake you're getting on your cheat day(s), but I think you'll have a hard time building up any muscle at 1,000-1,200 calories per day. Slim, yes; tone, maybe not so much.
  • mskeith2
    mskeith2 Posts: 22
    Options
    I am pretty short (1.63m) and weigh 57 kgs.
  • usmcwifeb15
    usmcwifeb15 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    That's my main problem area hips, butt & thighs. I'm doing the butt bible right now which works your butt and thighs the entire time. It's a good workout. I also have the best results from doing squats and lunges. I do weights at the gym but only work legs 1 day a week the other 3 days I focus on other parts of my body. My workout consists of......

Free Hand Jump Squats 2 Sets of 15 Reps
    Plie Dumbbell squats 3 Sets of 12 Reps
    Narrow Stance Leg Press 3 Sets of 12 Reps
    Dumbbell Lunges 3 Sets of 12 Reps
    Stiff Legged Dumbbell Deadlift 3 Sets of 12 Reps
    Lying Leg Curls 3 Sets of 12 Reps
    Standing Calf Raises 3 Sets of 12 Reps

I use weights for all of these but you just need to figure out where to start. Light and then work your way up. Hope this helps. :smile:
  • Plentiful_Tentacles
    Options
    Below parallel squats will get your quads and glutes burning. Front squats specifically will help with quad development. Deadlifts is another whole body movement that requires quite some hamstring and flute strength. Lunges are really good for your whole leg, gets a bit of calves in there too. Stiff legged deadlifts will really help to tighten and tone up your hams as well. If you want to opt for machines, the leg press is a great machine where you can really push and challenge yourself.
  • mskeith2
    mskeith2 Posts: 22
    Options
    Great, thank you for all the tips!