Finding it hard to eat more calories!!

Options
Just working out what Im going to eat for today and theres not enough calories! Not after Ive done my class later.
I see so many posts saying eat back cals or you wont lose!
Im not into this enough to know if im on the right track or not but its confusing! :grumble:

Replies

• yakovhadash
    Options
    try fruit. bananas and pears and probably a lot of other fruits are about 100 cal each. dunno about you but i have no problem eating those
  • kcaffee1
    kcaffee1 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Calorie dense foods like nuts, avocados, fruits, and peanut/nut butters are wonderful ways to help boost your calories without adding a ton of bulk if you are having trouble with your calories not stacking up. Also, full fat anything - full fat milk, salad dressings, cheese, etc.

Fat is not the enemy - EXCESS calories are the enemy. Fats actually are good for you, because your body needs them to help make up many of your hormones and to absorb some of your nutrients better.

As for the exercise calories - depending on how well you trust your estimates, there is a debate on the boards about how many of these to eat back. Some say none, but many would say eat back at least some - 1/4 to 1/2. This leaves you with some wiggle room if the estimates are a little bit off.
  • JewelleryByMandy
    JewelleryByMandy Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Yeah I suppose, but fruit isnt a big hit with me. I have berries and a banana most days but its also trying to keep within the ratios as well.
  • beatpig
    beatpig Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    If I have cycled, I have:

1tbsp honey
    100mls greek yoghurt
    1pint milk
    1 banana.

543 calories in 750mls of easy to drink goodness. Good ratio of carbs:protein
  • JewelleryByMandy
    Options
    Thanks so far. xx
  • JohnLSinclair
    JohnLSinclair Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    This seems amazing to me, haha. I can't imagine having this problem. If you lack appetite try drinking your calories. A glass or two of OJ should bloat your numbers fast. Eat fattier meats like burger vs chicken and fish. Any type of bread. With butter. Cheese, nuts - both come high in fats. Drink a whey shake. It won't fill you up in the slightest but is packed with protein. Have a bowl of ice cream, or rice. It should be the easiest thing to hit you desired numbers unless you have dietary issues that limit the types of food you can have. Happy eating!
  • JewelleryByMandy
    Options
    This seems amazing to me, haha. I can't imagine having this problem. If you lack appetite try drinking your calories. A glass or two of OJ should bloat your numbers fast. Eat fattier meats like burger vs chicken and fish. Any type of bread. With butter. Cheese, nuts - both come high in fats. Drink a whey shake. It won't fill you up in the slightest but is packed with protein. Have a bowl of ice cream, or rice. It should be the easiest thing to hit you desired numbers unless you have dietary issues that limit the types of food you can have. Happy eating!

Thanks John, Im trying not to eat crap thats all and i cant eat bread and need to limit dairy as i get breathing issues but the replies on here have been good. Sometimes you just need to be told from someone else. been reading alot on here with everyone saying something different. I think im frightened of keeping the cals up with exercise deep down!