green coffee extract

Options
Has anyone tried this? Any success or bad side effects? I am not one to hop on the diet pill train, unless i know all the facts. I use to take a suppliment years ago, in my early 20's, but it made my heart race. Haven't tried anything since. I am skeptical anyways, but just wanted some MFP opinions on this one, since it is the latest fad. Actually you are suppose to pair it with a colon cleanse, but that sounds even more scary to me. LIke a "accident" waiting to happen! lol!

Replies

• Juggernaut_D
    Juggernaut_D Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I tried the green coffee extract but it, frankly, did nothing for me. I guess my body is too used to caffeine. I found the best results with CLA. You can get it in any GNC or places that sell supplements I haven't had any adverse side effects with it at all.
  • Cbefitforlife
    Cbefitforlife Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    what is CLA? What does it stand for, and what are its purposes. For men and women, or does it have seperate bottles formulated? I usually drink about 2 cups of coffee a day total. I definatley don't attempt to drink it at night.
  • Mrsshellers
    Mrsshellers Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Dont bother it doesnt work and DID have a nasty side effect from it..... running to the toilet when I am at work and spending most of the afternoon there wasnt my idea of fun.

Avoid. There are no magic pills.
  • rnnursebarb
    rnnursebarb Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    CLA is conjugated linoleic acid and is found in dairy and meats, highest levels in grass fed cattle. It is said to have anticancer properties and there may be weight management benefits. My daughter and I both tried green coffee bean extract and neither of us had any positive results when used in combination with diet plan and exercise.
  • Cbefitforlife
    Options
    thank you so much. That just confirmed my thought on what might happen if i tried this pill. Going to the bathroom 247. Who wants that. I take a multivitamin for woman. I will stick with that for now, and maybe check out the CLA.
  • Cbefitforlife
    Options
    just bought some CLA. It is called Ab cuts. It has omega 3's, flaxseed, and vitamin E. Excited to add this to my eating plan and exercise! ;)