Chunky Monkey looking for help!

Options
Hello. I am super excited to have found this site! It is much easier than other sites and programs that I have tried to use. The greatest thing is my hubby has finally joined me in my weightloss adventure. The support at home is such a great help!

I have started off pretty well, however, I am having difficulty with menu planning. A person can only eat so much spinach, chicken, and cottage cheese! Anyone have any advice on successfully learning to plan a healthy menu filled with variety that is also pretty simple. I work full time and have a 10 month old... This doesn't leave a lot of time for old fashioned home cooking!

1606435.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• chelamg12
    chelamg12 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have learned over the past month of counting my calories that you can pretty much eat anything you want just measure it....for example grilled chicken, and some rice and beans with a side salad will probably give you no more than 500 calories eating a half cup rice, half cup beans (already come prepared in a can, goya is a good kind), and about two cups lettuce with a variety of veggies...your biggest change is measuring everything. I would also advise making meals on the weekend and heating up...for example pasta sauce, rice (freezes pretty well), cut up lettuce (if you don't buy the prepared kind) and place in bowl of water. Let me know if you need any other suggestions...I know what it is like to be crazy busy...I work full time and have three girls (not counting the hubby).
  • gypsy_nurse
    gypsy_nurse Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

My boyfriend and i plan all our meals on Sunday. Usually we will scour recipe sites for meals and go shopping that day with our list in hand. It took a little while to get used to it but it has become second nature to us. It will get easier the more you do it...but getting started can be difficult.

Good luck!
  • otpeds
    otpeds Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I know this isn't a huge idea but I make sandwiches with sandwich thins and turkey or chicken, whatever veggies I have and instead of mayo I spread hummus on my bread it adds great flavor!