Have I hit a plateau or am i doing something wrong?

Options
I don't think I've hit a plateau since I've only been doing this for about 3 weeks and a bit, but maybe there is something wrong with my methods. Feel free to take a look at my food diary. I am 5 foot 3, 19 and right now 147 pounds. I try to aim for eating around 1300 calories a day, which i usually stay in the ball park area of that. I exercise almost daily but i don't track it, and i drink enough water. Also the problem is not that i am eating more calories then i think, i weight my food and make sure my counts are very accurate. does anyone have any suggestions? thank you.

Replies

• lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    how much exercise are you doing? if you are burning lots of cals and not eating them back then that could very well be the problem, not eating enough. plus you may just be a slow beginner in seeing a change like i was, it took me 3 months before i seen a 5 loss on the scale. I never lost more then 1.5 lbs a month max. do you have thyroid issues at all b/c that will also make it extremely more challenging.
  • jsd_135
    jsd_135 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Was 1300 the figure calculated by MFP? If so, I would track the exercise and eat back your exercise calories (or at least most of them). This is how the site is intended to work. For your added calories, I would focus on protein-rich foods. Also, take a look at your sodium levels. That soy sauce and oyster sauce you're using are spiking the sodium. You may be retaining a bit of water due to that.
  • Daphne1994
    Daphne1994 Posts: 32
    Options
    I did loose 10 pounds really fast eating about the same foods. And ya i definitely noticed the sodium intake, ill try to cut back on that. Ill try to increase my calories when i workout :)
  • Daphne1994
    Daphne1994 Posts: 32
    Options
    Oh also i am doing insanity for the most part, mixing it up a bit with some jillian micheals dvds