But it was just a brownie...

Options
So tonight I went to my parents house for dinner, not only was I to cook my dad pasta but brownies too!!! I have NO ability to say no to an ooy gooy brownie so I found myself eating two, yes you saw that right I ate two!!! BOY DID I FEEL LOUSEY!!!!

So I got home and there looking at me was my stationary bike, it politely said "oh two brownies!! You know if you hop on for just 1/2 an hour you can burn at least some of that off?!?!?" So I listened and jumped on and rode hard for 40 minutes - I'll show those brownies who's boss, but the way I feel I think I'll pass the next time - I want to look and feel better and they didn't do either!!!

Replies

• 2bthinsandy
    Options
    good for you in exercising off some of those brownie calories.!!!
  • CGerman
    CGerman Posts: 539
    Options
    Don't feel lousy - sometimes brownies just beg to be eaten :smile: Great job working it off when you got home though!
  • elyse0210
    elyse0210 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I had a cupcake today and it was over 400 calories! I can never resist a good cupcake but working out extra hard tonight was miserable for me :( That damn cupcake stole all my calories. It was really tasty but not worth it in the long run.
  • Van3ssa_2468
    Van3ssa_2468 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    You ate it and you owned it....and you did something about it, that's great!
    We all succumb to temptation now and then.
  • LissaRe79
    Options
    So im in the grocery store last week and i also am a chocolate acholic, and i found weight watcher brownies and OOOO my gosh they are really good. only 120 calories !!!! When im feeling really bad i have the little trial size container of skinny cow ice cream for 140 calories with my brownie and its no different to me than the real thing. And i dont feel so bad after i had it. Weight watchers also has those small chocolate cakes and lemon ones and even chocolate chip cookies. Check them out good taste and just enough to satisify my sweet tooth.
  • akgrant
    akgrant Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    WOW! too funny, I did the exact same thing with brownies tonight!!! I ate 2 too!! :laugh: I called myself burning it by getting on the treadmill for 70 mins!! :bigsmile: But what a great change in lifestyle, huh? I would have never thought to burn the calories before!!! Good job!!:drinker:
  • parksam6
    parksam6 Posts: 16
    Options
    i like that you chose to get on the bike. there are other ways to counter balance those sugar cravings. i am really surprised at how much sugar is in my diet, and i am eager to hear what everyone else does to combat it, because it is the devil!
  • gecko23
    gecko23 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Cravings and tempations are okay to sucume to every now and then it is what makes us human. I did read an interesting post earlier today on these boards about having an "off day" and some people said that it is actually good to go over your callories every now and then. I think that you had great you had the self disipline to get on the bike and ride that is something to be very proud of. Remember that one cheat every now and then is not bad it is only when we break down and start cheating with every meal and every day.

My cheat was a Mini Blizzard the other day. DQ sometimes just taunts me it is so evil at times. ;-)
  • dpnsmat
    dpnsmat Posts: 2
    Options
    Ah, will power...had a similar situation when my aunt brought a batch over to my parents. What I did, was to slice 1/4 off a 3x3" brownie (they thought I was nuts) and that satisfied my taste buds, and with a lot less guilt....so sometimes you can give in to those urges, but really control the portions.
  • Sumatra
    Sumatra Posts: 181
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up, it happens. You went home and got in some extra exercise, I think that's great! You didn't wait to get things back on track, you went for it right away. Good recovery!
  • theatremack
    Options
    Thanks for all the encouragement. What was amazing isn't that I felt lousy because I ate the brownie, but because my body just said "REALLY, YOU'VE BEEN DOING SO GOOD AND YOU ARE PUTTING THAT IN ME" My body was not happy and still isn't - not worth it. Next time gum or a piece of fruit will suffice!!!
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Exactly! When I look at a tempting treat like that I mindfully visualize the calories that are in it (I've gotten pretty good at calorie estimation since I look up calories so often now). I see those calories in my head and ask myself "Is this worth it it?". More often than not it isn't and I am able to walk away. Sometimes I find myself going "Screw it" and eating it anyway, but that's happening less and less often. The more you exercise your "No" muscle the stronger it gets. :D
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Pro active. There are some impossible foods to have aroud. Brownies are one. Ben & Jerry are not alowed over. Popcorn soaked in butter & salt. Chinese food. Maybe I should shut up.
    Herbal tea, fresh pinapple, real home garden vegetables that have tastes that cannot be found in any grocery store.
    Good for you getting on that bike and getting the bitter taste out.
    Great problem solving skills.
  • binkyb00
    binkyb00 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm able to say NO to brownies, but cotton candy? OMG! I just cannot say no to. If ever I see one on sale which is usually in the theater I MUST and I REPEAT I MUST have 1 PRONTO!
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Without trying to sound like a knob,I think Ive got pretty decent willpower, but if I "want" to have a cake or something sweet then Ill have it. I know because of the amount I work out that It wont have too much of a negative effect once in a while.

It does make me laugh though when people blame the food "evil cakes", etc. A cake isnt evil,its just sugary goodness, you just need more willpower.