Advocare 24 day challenge

Options
Has anyone done the Advocare 24 day challenge? I'm thinking about trying it but wanted to know how difficult it is to maintain over the 3 week period. I'm a self professed Carb Queen and I think it'd be a great way to break that habit, I'm just wondering if I can do it without becoming a raging ***** lol.

Replies

• micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    You can break the habit just by stopping the consumption of carbs. You don't need to pay money to do that.
  • CrazyAnimalLady
    CrazyAnimalLady Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Yes, I know that, but I'm just wondering if anyone has tried the program and if they were able to stick to it and how it worked for them.
  • tbetts23
    tbetts23 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Save some money. Follow MFP suggestions. Maybe lower your carbs on your own?
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I haven't done it, but did a quick search of advocare. Didn't read any of the threads so no clue what the advice is. I have a friend that sells it and I saw her meals. Anyone can lose eating canned chicken and cucumbers for lunch while cutting out carbs. Best of luck to you.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1014828-advocare?hl=advocare&page=2#posts-15646725

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1006288-has-anybody-tried-the-advocare-24-day-challenge?hl=advocare#posts-15463253

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/437568-advocare-24-day-challenge-results?hl=advocare
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I did it in May and it worked well for me. I liked the structure of it. I was able to break a lot of bad habits during it that I had been not been successful with before (like giving up diet coke). Spending the money also helped me - it's not inexpensive and that reminded me that I better stick with it.
  • SaraEBurns
    SaraEBurns Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'd love to know if you decided to try it. I start the 24 day challenge today and wouldn't mind having a "buddy" to go through it with. I'm also a carb queen so if nothing else, I can let you know how it works for me!
  • Leah_Sudela
    Options
    I HAVE DONE THE CHALLENGE AND ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT! I PLAN ON DOING ANOTHER AFTER MY BIRTHDAY IN JULY. YOU'LL HEAR TONS OF BACKLASH TOWARDS IT, ON HERE OF ALL PLACES. BUT DO WHAT WORKS FOR YOU. I WANTED TO BE MORE OF A CLEAN EATER - AND THAT IS WHY I INITALLY TRIED THE CHALLEGE. I FINISHED THE CHALLENGE AT THE BEGINNING OF MAY AND HAVE CONTINUED TO EAT CLEAN. I LOST 4LBS ON THE CHALLEGNE (WHIHC IS LOW COMPARED TO A LOT) AND LOST 12.75 INCHES. I JUST STARTED TAKING CATALYST ALSO, WHICH IS AN AWESOME ENERGY BOOSTER PRE-WORKOUT! I RECOMMEND IT, TOTALLY :)
  • cosmic8o8
    cosmic8o8 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    If you're a carb addict, then you'll have problems regardless if you choose to pay out the butt for Advocare's products or if you just do it on your own especially during the cleanse phase which is the first ten days of the challenge. This challenge is just a low-carb, low-fat diet for 24 days and you have to do at least 30 min of exercise 5-6 days a week. You can do that for way cheaper than what Advocare will charge you.
  • alliej
    alliej Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    First off you are never on your own with Advocare. Your coach is always right there to help you through. I too was carb junkie but in first 14 days of following program i was down 16lbs and 18.5 inches. It works. I am here if you have any questions :)
  • amylynn586
    Options
    I just started it this weekend - it was tough adjusting, but I agree with the other person - it gives you a good plan, and I need a plan to work off of. Everyone is different. Having a list of "types" of food to eat, plus tracking the intake on here has been a great combination! It's only been 3 days and I can't say I've lost yet, but I FEEL much better about what I'm eating as well as better physically. :)
  • davisfun5
    davisfun5 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I did it because I knew I needed a "jump start" after several "false starts" and a plan to really commit and get in good habits again. Also, having a personal coach helped a great deal with inspiration and support. True you can do it on your own. For me paying the $ helped me commit and stay on target. The vitamins, & amino acids helped me ease off of carbs without intense hunger. I lost 4% body fat and 13 lbs. It is true you can do the same on your own and save $, but If I could do it on my own I wouldn't be overweight to begin with, so I think it depends on your personality/support, etc. The $ I spend on the products are less than what I paid at my naturopath to cope with my unhealthy eating. I used the basic plan, not any of the extra ad-ons. They do have a 100% money back guarantee so if it doesn't work for you, you aren't out any money. Good luck in whatever decision you make!
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I haven't done it, but did a quick search of advocare. Didn't read any of the threads so no clue what the advice is. I have a friend that sells it and I saw her meals. Anyone can lose eating canned chicken and cucumbers for lunch while cutting out carbs. Best of luck to you.

Canned chicken??? Where do people get this stuff?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Just like any other diet plan, it will work. It's a basic structure plan. There is nothing special about it. The work off of a calorie deficit and supplements and shakes. You can design a program yourself (probably low in carbs) for free and if you struggle with protein, add additional meats, protein bars or protein shakes. The bigger thing would be getting rid of the carbs from your house that are triggers for you.
  • roughneckswife
    roughneckswife Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I did it! I started January 7th and lost 14 pounds and 18 inches! I've lost 49 pounds total and I'm still using the products!
  • Stooooo
    Options
    I did it! I started January 7th and lost 14 pounds and 18 inches! I've lost 49 pounds total and I'm still using the products!

Awesome job! Keep up the great work!
  • Momof3kidz16
    Momof3kidz16 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 7. Would love to have support. It was easy the first few days and now it seems to be getting harder to stay on track. I have no idea why I'm starting to have cravings!
  • Tammy512
    Tammy512 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I will be starting the 24 day challenge this week. I'm just waiting to receive the package in the mail. :)
  • Stooooo
    Options
    Good luck Tammy.
  • Momof3kidz16
    Momof3kidz16 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Good luck Tammy, let me know how you do!
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Hey, nothing quite like a calorie deficit to really shed the weight! Congrats and good luck to all new advocare clients!