First day, 100 lbs to lose.

Options
I have been looking around MFP for the last week or so and feel as though it'll be the perfect fit for me during my upcoming journey. Today is my first day on my new eating plan and I would love to connect with others who need support and hopefully we can assist each other in reaching our weight loss goals.

I have been struggling with my weight since my late teens and each year I weigh in a few pounds heavier then the year before. But I know things have to change. I hate how my weight is controlling my life. I know if I can get rid of these pounds it will make me a better wife and a better mother. My youngest son is 3 and it takes alot of energy to keep up with him, energy I often don't have.

In my family I am the one everyone confides in and tells their problems too, and the role of confidant and nurturer has always been comfortable for me, however; it has left me with no one to tell my problems too. And I am the only overweight person in my immediate family and circle of friends, which leaves me feeling "they just won't understand"

So if I sound like someone you might like to be weight loss buddies with please add me.

Replies

• kaitlynnesmommy
    kaitlynnesmommy Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm 100% on board! I'm with you...I've battled my weight since puberty and used MFP about 18 months ago to lose 40 lbs...what a shock...I go off the wagon and gain 30 of it back...so today is a new day!
  • jmurray90
    jmurray90 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me! im not perfect haha by ANY means but i try to log daily & also have 80-100 lbs to lose! Good luck girl :)
  • QueenMother14
    QueenMother14 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Congrats on taking the first step! Log every bite and look for ways to incorporate more activity each day. I bet you see great results!
  • elizabethmchenry9
    elizabethmchenry9 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too- I need to lose 120lbs and I am down 51lb right now :-)
  • WalkingMermaid_
    WalkingMermaid_ Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me... I'm on every day, I log every day, I post inspirational quotes and give support every day :)
  • dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Welcome. For the most part this is a postive place with many great tools to help you in your journey. Feel free to add me too!
  • mlclarke22
    mlclarke22 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    you can do this! mfp is a great starting point and there are so many motivating people on here. good luck to you!!
  • KatC_88
    KatC_88 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I have lost 54lbs total and 34 on MFP, I still have 46 lbs to go!

You can do it! Just dont get discourages and if you do that what your friends are here for! :)
  • curvydivajc
    curvydivajc Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend if you would like. I have 100 lbs to lose... I keep starting and stopping starting and stopping. Always can use motivation and more people who know what I'm going through! We can do this!!
  • nickyb632
    nickyb632 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! My ultimate goal is 70-80 lbs, 36 down so far but it's been a struggle, I was 3 lbs away from my 75 lb goal 2 years ago and have totally blown it in the last 9 months so I'm pretty much back at square one, we can do this!
  • Steph_40
    Steph_40 Posts: 25
    Options
    I'll send you a friend request. This is a wonderful place to get encouragement. We are all on the same path to a healthier and happier life :)
  • lizyork27
    lizyork27 Posts: 2
    Options
    Congrats for taking the first few steps on your journey! Your post called to me, I am also a chubby mommy, age 34. (I guess the 27 in my login could be confusing, but that's my anniversary date and why I used it). When I started I had about 100 pounds to lose, right now to get to the top end of my healthy weight range I need to lose about 85 lbs. That sounds SO impossible, but baby steps will get me there I'm hoping. :) Feel free to add me, I am new to this site so I am unfamiliar with the social aspect of it.
  • prgirl39
    prgirl39 Posts: 108
    Options
    Add me too. I know I need all the help I can get. Recently diagnosed with Diabetes. I do not want to be unhealthy anymore. We are all in this together.
  • Mrsfluffypants
    Mrsfluffypants Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, too. I joined 45 days ago today and I have lost 25 pounds here, and 20 pounds before I joined MFP. I have over 150lbs to lose overall. Welcome to MFP!
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Good luck! If I can do it, you can do it! I've lost 50 lbs so far, and I started in January 2013. My goal is to lose 90 lbs, so I have 40 lbs more to lose. My recommendation is to use the powerful MyFitnessPal with a device like BodyMedia. MFP is great to track your food, and BodyMedia is great to track exercise. My goal is to walk 15,000 steps per day, and I monitor that with my BodyMedia armband. There will be ups and downs along your way to lose 100 lbs, but just stay motivated and keep trying. You can do it!!
  • jreckart2003
    Options
    I understand. I too have similar struggles. I have 100+ to lose and would be happy to be a friend and motivator to you.
  • gobraves47
    gobraves47 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Don't get overwhelmed by the number, just work on developing good habits. Make a plan and don't let yourself fail. Good luck--you can do it! :smile:
  • ndoll99
    ndoll99 Posts: 3
    Options
    I have about the same to lose and if we can keep on track and stay on board with this i think we can do it! dont be afraid to add me because I could use all the support I can get!! :)
  • fpelletier
    fpelletier Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have a little more than you to lose but we're all on the same journey, to lose weight and to get healthier! I am a mom to 3 girls and they keep me pretty busy but I log daily and try to comment often. Send a request if you'd like. Good luck on your journey!
  • SarahBJane
    SarahBJane Posts: 24
    Options
    Right there with you. This is my first day as well and have a lot to lose. I like the support aspect of this and I think it will really help. I did Weight Watchers last year and lost about 20 pounds but to be honest, this is very similar and cheaper!! I am here for you and I am glad to see there are so many of you all out there to support each other. Good luck everyone!! :smile: