ideas - key, credit card, id storage

Options
I am trying to find ideas to keep my stuff with me on walks. I normally carry my keys on a lanyard. I am not the belt fan. I hate crap hanging off me like that so I was hoping for a pocket type thing I could also clip onto my lanyard to hold things like my ID and a credit card.
Thoughts? Ideas?

Replies

• RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Many true "running" shorts/pants/shirts have small pockets that fasten shut by either Velcro or zipper. Usually big enough for credit cards and a key.
  • janiesue101
    janiesue101 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    What about a fanny pack or they sell a passport carrier that hangs around your neck.
  • andrea_v2h
    andrea_v2h Posts: 23
    Options
    I love my SPIbelt for running. (http://www.spibelt.com/) I know you said not a belt, but this one doesn't feel like a belt at all. I don't even notice it's there once I put it on.
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    My iPhone armband has a compartment for a key or two and there's room to slide some cards and a couple bucks in with the phone.
  • Kingeight
    Kingeight Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    If you search for "lanyard wallet" on amazon a wide range of products come up that might be what you're looking for.
  • cinderbay
    cinderbay Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I think I like that SPIbelt idea.
  • sjp_511
    sjp_511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    This is why i like winter ru ning better - my running jackets have pockets. Very few of my summer running clothes do and the ones that do, they are so tiny.

For runs around the neighborhood, I use a hair tie to try my key to my sport bra. If i want to carry more items, I have a fanny pack that I got at a running store. It is much smaller than those goofy one tourists wear. I also have a water belt that has a small pouch for my items.
  • HockeyHolic
    HockeyHolic Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You could try a bra with a pocket in it - like this: http://www.graciesgearandtraining.com/
  • addiec1
    addiec1 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I second the spibelt. I use one and forget I have it on. Also when your tshirt is over it no one else can tell you are wearing it either.
  • hludwig980
    hludwig980 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    bump - I've been looking for something like this as well
  • squirrell79
    squirrell79 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I have a small pouch that attaches to my shoelaces. It holds my Nike footpod & one house key. Very convenient!
  • Liz_Mfp
    Liz_Mfp Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I don't like things hanging off me either.
    http://www.flipbelt.com/
    The FlipBelt does not "hang" as other "belts" do
  • karenmetfan
    karenmetfan Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Love my SpiBelt. I forget to take it off sometimes when I get back in the house. When I get changed, I remember it's still there! :P
    Other thing I do is I keep my driver's license and medical insurance card in my phone case, so even if I'm not using my SpiBelt, I still have ID and insurance card with me (like when I take the dog for a long walk--he gets to carry the keys instead) :)